“Weak vegetarian options”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Clark Street
Transit: 2 blocks west & 2 blocks north of Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) stop at Grand & State Streets.
Description: Hard Rock Cafe is located at the corner of Clark & Ontario in the heart of Chicago's River North neighborhood. Open 364 days per year, the Hard Rock offers something special for everyone. Not only will you receive an incredible dining experience, but you will get the chance to view Chicago's portion of the world's largest music memorabilia collection. In fact, you never know when you may run into a local celebrity, musician or athlete, or even better, have the chance to see a live music event featuring the best emerging & established artists around. We also welcome help when it comes to our philanthropic efforts. Remember, "Love All, Serve All" & "Save The Planet" are the mottos that capture the spirit of the Hard Rock Cafe in Chicago. So, be sure to make your online reservation TODAY & get the most authentic experience that rocks at Hard Rock Cafe in the Windy City of Chicago!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The vegetarian options at this place is appalling. 2 options: salad or a cauliflower burger. I chose the cauliflower burger which is loaded with cheese!!! Goats cheese inside and topped with Monterey Jack cheese. I'm not a huge cheese fan so I asked for no jack cheese on top.

The burger itself tasted strongly of goats cheese, I could hardly taste the cauliflower. Not what I expected at all. Hard Rock Cafe is an infamous chain and I just hoped there would be more vegetarian options to choose from. My server didn't even ask why I hadn't finished it.

However, my boyfriend ordered the legendary burger and loved it. So if you like meat, this place has you sorted.

Also, our server didn't seem interested in our table and gave us the bill before even asking if we wanted any desserts. Seemed like he wanted us rushed out.

ChicagoGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Good evening Mollie-
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in our menu options for vegetarians and I am surprised that the server didn't help lay out the menu and other options for you. We can do a lot of items vegetarian friendly. Yes, we have the cauliflower burger (made in house), and salads. But we also are able to make any of our legendary burgers with a veggie patty (not the cauliflower version). We also have a couple of entrees: twisted mac and cheese, veggie fajitas. We also have lots of appetizer items that can be made into meals: cauliflower wings, veggie margarita flatbread, nachos, spring rolls, bruschetta, onion ring tower, etc.

I am glad to hear that your boyfriend enjoyed his burger, I just wish we could have found something for you. As you know, hard rock prides ourselves on delivering a great dining experience with authentic and entertaining service. Clearly, we did not deliver that to you. If you could email me at Chicago.gm@hardrock.com with more information about your visit (Check number, server name, date/time etc.) so that I could research this more in depth. I would also like to invite you back in personally. I just need a few more details.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I've been to the Chicago HRC many times over the years. Seemed to have a different look this time. Very nice, classy.
Busy getting ready for St. Patrick's the next day.
My favorite bit of memorabilia was the Rick Nielsen - Cheap Trick guitar. Those guys are from Rockford, just west of here.

ChicagoGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks for the review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience. We celebrated our 10th Annual Get-Shamrocked St. Patrick's Day event this year, which is always busy and exciting for us. We hope to see you there next year! Next time you are in town, check out our self-guided memorabilia tour. It highlights our favorite memorabilia throughout the Cafe, along with some great local music history.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We were here last Friday and were VERY impressed. We were promptly greeted, seated and entertained by our server. I ordered a specialty drink, a coconut pineapple mojito and it was DELICIOUS! I was equally impressed with the bruschetta!!! Once we placed our main course orders, our server encouraged us to look around the restaurant and see their collection of rock and roll memorabilia. We will certainly be back!

ChicagoGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Awesome feedback Katie. Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed your experience. Was there anything you were looking for in particular that would have made this a 5-star review? Can't wait to see you again

Reviewed 15 January 2018

The Chicago Hard Rock Café is by far the smallest I have been to. With that being said, it has a fantastic lively atmosphere with energetic waiters and waitress. The establishment is filled with R&R memorabilia, from legendary Chicago natives to the best in the music industry for the past 6 decays. Always find something new Hard Rock's.
The food is your typical HRC menus, with the Burgers, Wings, Onion rings and BBQ ribs. Flavorful and filling, but who is really here to eat, its all about the atmosphere. While in The "Windy City" make sure to stop in the Hard Rock Café Chicago. You will not be disappointed.

ChicagoGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you Michael for the review! We are thrilled you enjoyed our experience with us!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Near our hotel not far from the Magnificent Mile. The food and the service was excellent and the place was well kept and clean. You can never go wrong with the burgers and the beer.

ChicagoGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for the rockstar review! We hope to see you again soon!