“Relaxing atmosphere, good food and service”
Review of Zealous - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Hudson & Sedgwick
Transit: 3 Blocks away from the Chicago Brown & Purple El line stop.
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I like this restaurant because there is never too many people here, and you get the attention you deserve. The food is decent (although I wouldn't give it a Michelin star), and the service is very good. The cocktails are well prepared. Overall I would recommend it as a relaxing place with good food and service.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We came here afte a Riverside Theater performance of La Soiree. An easy 2 - 3 block walk thru a new upcoming neighborhood. We really enjoyed the crab cake appetizer and the lamb flat bread was also tasty. We shared a main course of duck and that was fine. Thers complain of small servings, but we were fine. We did also go for the decadent fries with garlic cream sauce and while it kind of didn't fit the style of the rest of the more gourmet food, we loved it. We like the open space and quiet conversational atmosphere and no cell phone policy.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Yesterday five of us dined in Zealous; the atmosphere, the food, the wine list and the service were all first-rate. We liked dining in a civilized place where we could actually hear each other without shouting. As Chicago residents, the only qualm we had was that we had never dined there before. In the future we will certainly return.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Went for a graduation dinner. I was surprised the room was not more full on a Saturday night. But the food was excellent-freshly prepared, nicely plated. Drinks were excellent. Service was really good and the staff including the chef who came out to say hello were all welcoming (not sure where those negative comments in other reviews came from). A little pricey but overall a much appreciated memorable evening.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We went here for my sister's birthday. The atmosphere is really cool especially if you have a large party they put you in a "plant" enclosure. The service was great but the food was...meh. I spent most of the night having the waiter explain things to me. The soup was so bland and the appetizers were tiny. For my main course I had the sesame seed sea bass which was pretty good but a very small portion. If you're into trying different things, I'd recommend this place. if you're like me and enjoying trying new things but not paying a lot for odd named foods, I'd suggest going somewhere else.