“So much fun!”
Review of Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!

Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba!
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba! is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Armitage
Transit: Just North East of the Brown Line on Armitage.
Description: Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba! Is Chicago's original Spanish tapas bar, serving the Lincoln Park neighborhood since 1985.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited on a Thursday night and were happy we had a reservation. The atmosphere is fun and vibrant. The food is fantastic. Our waiter was knowledgeable and enthusiastic. My daughter felt like it on par with tapas in Spain! Great place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I brought my 19 year old daughter here for dinner. The tapas dishes feature unexpected ingredient combinations seasoned to perfection. So many flavors in each bite! Definitely try the sangria too. We ordered 4 tapas plates to share and were quite full afterward. I would have loved to sample more of them.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was just about to give this place 5 stars, but before leaving the restaurant I went to the restroom. Oh my!!! I always think the cleanliness of the restrooms tells a lot about the place (especially if we are talking about a place where you come to eat!). Women’s restroom was nasty! Toilette paper all over, even by the door outside the restroom. Nope... just unacceptable!
Other than that, service was outstanding, food amazing, .. everything else great!

If I’d come back?! ... let me think ...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The seafood paella was extremely salty! They say it's a part of the cooking process? Everything else was solid. Dates, olives with anchovies, and garlic potato salad. Avoid the lamb skewers. Adequate service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Returned with European Clients to Ba-Ba-Reeba for the first time in 15 years, food was better than ever! Their servers are fantastic, just follow their recommendations. Bacon-wrapped Dates and Spicy Potatoes were memorable.
A particularly nice touch was that our Server upon greeting us asked about after dinner plans. When I told him we had Second City Tickets, he staged our dishes to arrive in ideal progression, in addition to providing outstanding recommendations.