“Phoenix has risen - and not in Arizona”

The Chicago Firehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chicago Firehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,085 of 10,214 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: South Loop
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: Michigan Avenue Bus - #4, #3, #1, #12 CTA Red Line Train, CTA Orange Line Train, CTA Green Line Train - Roosevelt stop
Description: Rebuilt after a devastating fire, the second incarnation of this South Loop American eatery set in a former firehouse has an elegant, traditional look with plush booths, a tin ceiling and landscape murals. The decor befits its upscale, classic menu (think seafood towers, Dover sole, steaks) backed by a full bar including cocktails, punch bowls and a global wine list.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Chicago Firehouse Restaurant was destroyed by fire a few years ago and has now reopened. Had always been a favorite of mine esp. the Short Rib of Beef. Redesigned and still has warm, friendly and welcoming as ever. Food and drinks excellent. Bar was a beautiful wood paneled "library" of sorts no modern marble horseshoe shaped. Enjoyed coming back and will be returning again soon. I had the Short Rib, friend had the Pork and we shared Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Dates. Dessert was a wonderful Key Lime Pie on a crushed Oreo cookie crust - delicious.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful meal with my family on St. Patrick’s Day. The staff was outstanding and paid attention to every detail. The calamari was our favorite appetizer followed by the short ribs and key lime pie! It was a very relaxing and delicious evening. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Just had brunch at te Chicago Firehouse after a walk in the park. Great food, stellar service :) The place looks very nice inside.

Not the cheapest place, but totally worthy.

Would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Visited the Chicago Firehouse for dinner, and it was good to be back at a neighborhood gem. This restaurant was damaged heavily by fire, and has re-opened in its original location. I love the expanded bar area, but I did go to the entrance on Michigan, which has been relocated around the corner. My party enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere quite a bit, but I did have a few items that somewhat muted my experience. First, we were seated at a long table for 6. This booth was the center booth, and had somewhat been condensed by the parties on both sides. This made for a very uncomfortable seating. However, when the party behind, which had considerably more room left, we pushed the seat back and all was good! Next, our food took quite a bit of time to come out of the kitchen. Not only was this noticed by me, it was also noticed by our server. While the server had several tables, he/she did keep an eye out for us, and noticed the issue. Unfortunately, when the entrees did arrive, one was cold and had to be returned to the kitchen! This was done without question, and again, all was good! In fact, the restaurant staff did provide complimentary desserts for the table. Finally, a large group with children and electronic games was seated next to us towards the end of the meal. This raised the volume in the restaurant measurably, and at 10 pm was a bit of bother. This usually wouldn't bother me, but with all of the other issues, resolved positively as they were, was not the cap on the evening I expected. All in all, the food was great, as usual (try the lamb chop appetizers), and I will definitely be back. By the way, the valet left their parking sign in my car (I will drop off later this week)! Glad to see them back in the neighborhood!!!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I could not rate the food because we never received it. Arrived early and was seated by 7:00 pm per our reservation. The waiter took the drink order and we had to remind him that we wanted appetizers as well. Thirty minutes later our drinks arrived. Twenty minutes after that the oyster Rockefeller and shrimp cocktail showed up. The problem is my wife ordered shrimp de Jonghe. The waiter apologized and put in a new order for the correct item. The time is now 8:00 pm. Our main entree was ordered and the time we ordered the appetizers. At 8:15 we questioned the waiter about or main coarse he stated he would check on it. Note the family sitting in the booth next to us had received their meal while we continued to wait. By this time its 8:20pm we had no meal and requested the manager. The manager said she would personally check to find out what was the hold up. We couldn't wait any longer because of the 9:00pm concert we purchased tickets for. Out of all the upscale steakhouses we've visited.Chicago Firehouse was the worst. Will not patronize again.