The Buckingham Club
US$385
US$330
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Central Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$603
US$574
US$433
US$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$399
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$946
US$607
  • Room Service
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$324
US$309
US$599
  • Restaurant
All reviewsathletic clubthe financial districtoffice buildingchicago stock exchangecontinental breakfastchange elevatorsthe loopchicago board of tradeblue linewillis towerkey fobgreat view from the roomlarge poolsecurity guardcta stoptop floortraditional hotel
Reviewed 2 March 2017

This hotel is located within a business building in financial center. Very conveniently located near train and subway stations, but I had a hard time finding it because there is no big sign. The address is 440, the building the hotel is in had golden sign of 400 with small sign on the door 4Forty...but once I found it and went into the room, I loved it! There are 21 rooms on 40th floor - at least 1/2 of them has wonderful view of the lake and skyscrapers. I got lucky and got one of those rooms. It is sort of edge of downtown and when I arrived on Sunday, it was deserted and bit sketchy-yeah, financial center is closed on Sunday. It is walking distance to the major tourist area - Michigan St. I didn't have time to use it, but the hotel stay gives you access to their health club with pool, sauna, steam room, gym and fully stocked locker room. Room is spacious and luxurious feel with Chicago style décor. Loved it!

Stayed: February 2017
3  Thank chieandover
Management response:Responded 3 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are so happy to read about your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future. Come back and enjoy all that Chicago and The Buckingham Club have to offer.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

I wasn't sure about this place reading the reviews and seeing the affordable price on Expedia, but decided to try it since it was convenient to my office and I was intrigued by the layout and mystery. Others said it's hard to find. It's not. Just easier to find on foot than by car. Is it a traditional hotel with valet parking and bell hop? No. Is it one of the cooler properties and a real discovery for me in Chicago? Absolutely! To find this place while walking through the loop, just look for the 40-story structure on Congress. Understand that the hotel is only on the 40th floor of this commercial office building. The lobby can be entered from the west or east and looks like a lobby of any given large office building. However, the desk has a small sign where the hotel clerk sits. There you go! Check-in, take your commercial office lobby elevator access keycard, activate the security gate and get on an elevator to the 39th floor. On that floor, walk over to the brown elevator (2 of them) and go up to 40. From there find your room with a view. Nice large layout. Comfortable and clean. One downside is slightly worn furniture. Otherwise, super clean. The other downside is the step up and in bath/shower with older knobs that need updating. I had an AMAZING view of the Loop and the Willis Tower and the Options statue from the NW corner. Simply spectacular! Would I stay here again? Absolutely. Last visit, I brought my family to The Blake a few blocks away. Our view from that hotel room was a second floor view of a brick wall of the telephone switch building across the alleyway. The polar opposite of the 40th floor view from this hotel room. Cheers!

Room Tip: Apparently all rooms have amazing view --
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank WarwickTraveler29
Management response:Responded 3 February 2017

"...Is it one of the cooler properties and a real discovery for me in Chicago? Absolutely!"

I think we have a new tag line! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. While we think it's pretty cool it makes our day when our guests think so. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

It is a very different hotel, than the rest of others. First of all the hotel is located on the 40th floor, you can not even find is you are at the right address when you get there. But afterwards when in your room everything is OK, and the view is spectacular, the service is very friendly, very different kind of service from everybody in NYC. The size of the room is perfect. We are still here and will spend two more nights I hope that everything will be the same as of now.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank Xavier D
Management response:Responded 24 January 2017

We are so happy that you chose The Buckingham Hotel. Thank you for staying with us and experiencing Chicago from high above. While we love our views we also like to know we are providing great service and a friendly staff.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I had a wonderful stay at The Buckingham Hotel. It was very cozy and romantic, and it also had great amenities so that I could stay healthy when away. I loved the gym. It was fully equipped with really modern machines, and there were tons of classes to choose from! I really liked bootcamp! It was also nice to unwind after a busy day in the spa, which had a gorgeous whirlpool and relaxation area.

Breakfast was good. Had a great sit down Friday at their restaurant on site. The eggs and fresh berries were delicious, and the whole staff was so friendly! Weekends they offer complimentary bites in the lounge, which gave it a more intimate feel, perfect for waking up on a cold, wintry morning.

Overall the staff makes you feel right at home, and the rooms are pretty spacious. It's very quiet and romantic, which is a nice getaway in a loud, busy city. I'd definitely come back here again!!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilb391
Management response:Responded 10 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Buckingham Hotel. It is our sincere pleasure to make memorable experiences. We look forward to your next get-a-way.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Loved the Buckingham Club. It was on the 40th floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange so the views were stunning. The room was clean, the staff helpful and the breakfast was great. Absolutely no complaints and many compliments.

Room Tip: Don't think there are bad rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Russell E
Management response:Responded 5 November 2016

We are so happy to hear that you loved The Buckingham Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We hope to see you again.