“I hope the aren't the best ribs in town.”

Robinson's #1 Ribs - South Canal
Ranked #2,535 of 10,734 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

The fries were great but you didn't get much. The ribs are a generous portion but they were very tough and I wasn't a huge fan of the sauce. These were not fall off the bone ribs, there were more like rib jerky. My wife had the burger and she wasn't all that crazy about it either. I was hoping to write a positive review because the guy behind the counter was very friendly and gave me the lunch rib special even though it was not the right day for it. I had high hopes with all the hype centered around the ribs but it just didn't measure up.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

We were forced to go up to the food court at Union Station, since the Metro Deli closed. We had an uncomfortable pause waiting for the young girl to pull herself away from her phone to wait on us. My burger was burnt, and my wife's chicken was bland. Not good at all.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Friendly service, great menu, good, good eatin'!
Robinson's is well known for their generous servings of ribs and rib tips, fried fish, smoked sausages, just to name a few items.
Everything is cooked to order and there is plenty of seating in the food court conveniently located nearby.
I was so busy eating that I forgot to snap a picture! Yummeee!

Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

I ate the half chicken special while waiting for my train to depart. Chicken was kind of dry but the sauce help. Steak fries were good as well as the cole slaw. They advertised buns with the meal but gave me 'off the shelf ' bread instead. Guess I should have had the ribs instead! Next time!

Reviewed 1 March 2015

The pork chop sandwich was very dry and bland. The pulled pork that my son ordered was awful. They only had one slice of sweet potato pie and it was not fresh made. A simply horrible dining experience.