3,248 results
All reviews the river pillow menu spa room terrace bar tv in the mirror full kitchen turn down service robes and slippers in room dining floor to ceiling windows health club one bedroom suite wrigley building four seasons room service amazing hotel city view
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I visit Chicago once or twice a year. This time around, I chose to stay at the Trump because I was able to get a corporate rate. However, halfway through my stay I found myself wishing that I had stayed at the Langham across the street instead.

The Trump, to sum it up, doesn't really feel like a luxury experience compared to the Langham. With all of the weddings that were happening there, it felt incredibly busy and cramped. There were people everywhere at all times, making it difficult to get an elevator. I took the stairs a couple of times because the elevators were impossible.

Service was worse than I expected. Waits at check-in and check-out were fairly lengthy, and standard requests (such as asking for bottled water) took a long time.

The room, however, was spacious. The bathroom in particular was quite roomy and nice. I had a spa room, which came with a large soaking tub.

Best experience: Large and comfortable room

Worst experience: Coming back from dinner at midnight and having to wait over 8 minutes for an elevator amidst two very large and boisterous wedding parties, only to give up and walk up the stairs instead

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank sijiawang
Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

This Trump property is first class.
It's quiet, comfortable, has a great pool and spa, and the staff is incredibly personable.
The outdoor terrace restaurant on the 16th floor has amazing views of the city, great music, and and wasn't to crowded.
Its conveniently located to restaurants and shopping.
We'll be back again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SRT95
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Trump Hotel for five nights and loved it. The only thing I would change is to pick a river view room vs. the city view one we had. Each room has a complete kitchen with microwave, two burner cooktop, refrigerator, sink and dishwasher. The hotel is within walking distance of Eataly, where we bought wine, cheese and some other food to heat up in our room one of the evenings which was very relaxing and fun. There are some really great restaurants and the Riverwalk within walking distance of the hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
TrumpHotel, Regional Vice President at Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We recently stayed two nights in Trump tower. It was for a birthday. We were upgraded to a FANTASTIC river view. I had to change my reservations and had lots of questions and Luis in reservations was so professional and accommodating. What a great first impression. Then we were greated by front desk (oh sorry I could not remember her name but she went to IU and is originally from northern Indiana) at the front desk. She was so welcoming and professional. Fast great service. You would think we were Royalty. I have stayed at hotels all over the world and these employees made me feel like I owned the place. Thank you for making this trip so amazing. The rooms and hotel is well well worth the money. Great location in the middle of it all. If you are looking for a great restaurant near by go to Bavettes, delicious and great date location.

Room tip: Pick a river view, worth it!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed account of your recent visit at Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago. I am delighted to read your kind appraisal of our team and the services you experienced. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Comfortable great location decent views of the city. Really like being on the river. Great food friendly staff some called me by my name. Just a little creepy they knew my name. The rooms are really dark for sleeping and quiet.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago for your visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience of views of the city and river. I do hope you will be returning to visit us again in the near future; we certainly look forward to welcoming your return.