“Better than a Denny’s”
Review of Legno Chicago

Legno Chicago
Reserve with OpenTable
Legno Chicago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #929 of 10,214 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Gastropub
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went on Easter so it was really busy. Our sever was overwhelmed but friendly. The food was ok to good; better than a Denny’s. The wood fire pizza was very good. The ice tea was horrific.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I've been here five or six times in the last two months and it is always a treat. The service is always friendly, the food is always delicious and the atmosphere is great, not too loud or obnoxious.

I like the free bread they give you when you sit down, it's always hard to stop myself from eating the entire basket. The grilled salmon with brussel sprouts was my favourite thing that I tried and their wine selection is also outstanding. I'll be back here on my next visit to Chicago for sure.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Nice service, good food & ambiance. Grilled Calamari for starters, my wife had the Short Ribs and I had the Lobster Roll. All quite good. Calamari was very tender, Lobster roll as good as I've had in Boston. I don't eat meat, but my wife raved about the Short Ribs. Creative bread basket presented with olive oil & grated Parmesan. Nice wine list. FreakShow Cab from Lodi, CA is a winner. Pretty easy family oriented atmosphere. It is mostly an Italian menu with some pizza options. The Striped Bass looked great, plenty of options for everyone. We will return.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

This was a great find. The food is delicious and the service is great. We recommend reservations especially on the weekend as it is a small restaurant. It is rather loud in the dining room so beware of that. There is ample parking available .

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Have visited Legno for brunch and dinner and both times, it was a positive experience. Service was nice and we really appreciated that the restaurant wasn’t overly loud. We actually hear each other! For brunch, I had a great omelette and for dinner I enjoyed Greek brick chicken. We will be back!

Been to Legno Chicago? Share your experiences!