“Authentic Chinese Food”

Ranked #1,656 of 10,215 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Southwest Side
Neighbourhood: Southwest Side
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We have eaten at this Chinese Restaurant several times since returning from living in China. Finding authentic Chinese food is not easy in the U.S. Every time we have eaten lunch here, we have been the only non-Asians.

The three of us ordered: Vegetable Potstickers, Vegetarian Bao, Eggplant with Garlic Sauce, Deep Fried Tofu with House Sauce, String Beans with Garlic, Shredded Pork with Bamboo Shoots and Kung Pao Chicken. Yes, we had delicious leftovers to bring home - hard a cooler in the car!

This restaurant is about 6 minutes drive from Chicago's Chinatown. Well worth the drive and free parking! Not touristy!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

This used to be my most favorite one---I have been eating there with my friends for somewhat 20 times in past four years. Recent experience with it got worse and worse, especially the service. The food remains mostly the same, but those waitress really do not know what they are doing. They are literally WAITING for you to call them SEVERAL times before they offer any service (even when it was not busy). Sometimes it gave me the feeling that I was begging them for some help. LOL

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

The food is ok. However, the service is TERRIBLE the staff are not friendly and forget that you are dining. And even when you acknowledge them with a "thank you" they ignore you! Ohh btw their fruit smoothies are only made with crushed Ice, maybe one slice of fruit... I don't plan to visit this place again, and my advice don't waste your time and money by going to Ed's Potsticker House.

2  Thank Lis1023
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I am from the Northern China and I think the food here is very traditional. I say traditional even compared to other Chinese food here in US, which is usually sweated and fried. Have try. The location is good and the service is also good.

Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

Delicious restaurant, highly enjoyed the soup dumplings and special potstickers. The tomato egg drop soup was very tasty as well. Can't wait to return and try more!