“Valentine's night out”

Ranked #1,631 of 9,835 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Southwest Side
Neighbourhood: Southwest Side
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We had one order ( 2 pieces ) egg roll. One order Mongolian beef, and one order shrimp egg foo young. All of the ingredient 's were fresh and crisp. We also brought a bottle of wine as BYOB resturant . We support our neighborhood establishment , and food is EXCELENT ! A valentine's treat of a beautiful pink rose for my wife and a piece of candy for each of us. A good resturant with good food, in bridgeport ( across the street from police station ) .

Reviewed 5 December 2016

If you haven't been to Ed's Pot Sticker House on S. Halsted in Chicago's Bridgeport neighborhood, run, don;t walk, to one of the city's unique Chinese eateries.

That's because they menu offers dishes you won't find in most of Chicago's Chinese restaurants -- Northern Chinese cuisine.

Having spent 5 months working in China in 2015 (half the time in Beijing, the other half in remote northern villages), I encountered some wonderful northern Chinese dishes that you will find on Ed's menu -- shredded garlicky vinegar potatoes; authentic cold Szechuan noodles; stir fried eggplant.

Ed's is not far from Chicago's Chinatown as the crow flies, yet it is miles away from the usual menu offerings at many of America's Chinese restaurants.

Did I mention it's BYOB!

It's where my family traditionally dines on New Year's Eve.

It is open 365 days a year, so a holiday need not figure in a visit.

It is worth the trip to Chicago's south side for the only northern Chinese cuisine I know about in the city.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Ed's name is off the marquee. His wife, Ran, told me she is now running the business, and Ed is no longer involved. This is not your typical Chinese restaurant. It has lots of unusual items to tempt your senses. We started off with vegetable pot stickers served with black vinegar and chile dips. We also had dumplings filled with a soupy liquid that provided a tasty and pleasant surprise when we bit into them. I had a very good stir-fried tofu and vegetable dish. My wife had a lamb and veggie casserole that she enjoyed. Our friend had the Kung Pao pork kidney with peanuts and not too spicy pepper. He said it was excellent. The restaurant is across the street from a large police station is case of concerns about traveling on the near south side of Chicago. The restaurant is not to be missed on a trip to Chicago and beats out places we know about in relatively nearby Chinatown.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We have eaten at this Chinese Restaurant several times since returning from living in China. Finding authentic Chinese food is not easy in the U.S. Every time we have eaten lunch here, we have been the only non-Asians.

The three of us ordered: Vegetable Potstickers, Vegetarian Bao, Eggplant with Garlic Sauce, Deep Fried Tofu with House Sauce, String Beans with Garlic, Shredded Pork with Bamboo Shoots and Kung Pao Chicken. Yes, we had delicious leftovers to bring home - hard a cooler in the car!

This restaurant is about 6 minutes drive from Chicago's Chinatown. Well worth the drive and free parking! Not touristy!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

This used to be my most favorite one---I have been eating there with my friends for somewhat 20 times in past four years. Recent experience with it got worse and worse, especially the service. The food remains mostly the same, but those waitress really do not know what they are doing. They are literally WAITING for you to call them SEVERAL times before they offer any service (even when it was not busy). Sometimes it gave me the feeling that I was begging them for some help. LOL