“Nice cuisine”

Ranked #1,625 of 9,838 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Southwest Side
Neighbourhood: Southwest Side
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Traditional Northern Chinese good is served at Ed's Potsticker House. The food is authentic and delicious. Ed's offers a wide variety of dumplings to choose from. There is a dumpling for everyone in your dining party. They also have great choices for dessert, such as the fried dough with condensed milk.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I live a few blocks from this restaurant in Bridgeport and there's really 3 restaurants that offer very similar menus. In fact you can order almost the exact same dishes at all three...except for maybe the house pot stickers which are unique to Ed's...but I'm not even sure Ed is around any longer. YES...Bridgeport is the mecca for Norther Chinese dining. I've been to all three many times and really they all bring something unique to the table. I must say that my preference here is for the original Ed's. We had Cumin Lamb...Shredded Potato with Chili and House Potstickers. Wow...service was great...food was outstanding. The place was hopping with happy diners. I think the room is also the best of the three. We brought a bottle of wine as usual and I suggest anything but a red at this place with spiciness of the food. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Eds has a funny name, but great food. We rarely go wrong there and it has become our favorite Chinese place (we live relatively close by). the dumplings get a promotion, and the ordinary ones are tasty and filling, you get about a dozen. The soup filled ones are not our style, but are special if you never have had them. There are also Beijing style pancakes, with various fillings that are good, but a little oily. We really like the sauteed green beans, the Beijing style MuShu, the fish with pickled cabbage, the eggplant with ginger and especially the stir fry preserved pork and sausage. A lot of dishes may seem unfamiliar is you just go to mainline places, but explore, ask questions, you have a treat coming. The staff is friendly, and service is generally good. It can get packed, a favorite of Chinese Students, but usually one can get a table.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We had one order ( 2 pieces ) egg roll. One order Mongolian beef, and one order shrimp egg foo young. All of the ingredient 's were fresh and crisp. We also brought a bottle of wine as BYOB resturant . We support our neighborhood establishment , and food is EXCELENT ! A valentine's treat of a beautiful pink rose for my wife and a piece of candy for each of us. A good resturant with good food, in bridgeport ( across the street from police station ) .

Reviewed 5 December 2016

If you haven't been to Ed's Pot Sticker House on S. Halsted in Chicago's Bridgeport neighborhood, run, don;t walk, to one of the city's unique Chinese eateries.

That's because they menu offers dishes you won't find in most of Chicago's Chinese restaurants -- Northern Chinese cuisine.

Having spent 5 months working in China in 2015 (half the time in Beijing, the other half in remote northern villages), I encountered some wonderful northern Chinese dishes that you will find on Ed's menu -- shredded garlicky vinegar potatoes; authentic cold Szechuan noodles; stir fried eggplant.

Ed's is not far from Chicago's Chinatown as the crow flies, yet it is miles away from the usual menu offerings at many of America's Chinese restaurants.

Did I mention it's BYOB!

It's where my family traditionally dines on New Year's Eve.

It is open 365 days a year, so a holiday need not figure in a visit.

It is worth the trip to Chicago's south side for the only northern Chinese cuisine I know about in the city.