“Too cool for me but they still made me feel welcome.”
Review of The Violet Hour

The Violet Hour
Ranked #201 of 9,767 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Wicker Park / Bucktown
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This is definitely one of the coolest bars I've ever been to. It's won tons if awards and could be intimidating.

However, we found the staff to be fantastic, very enthusiastic about their "craft" and helped us pick the best drinks to match our taste. James was great and our other server sat with us for a minute listening to a story being told at our table.

While the drinks are usually $10-$15 each there's a good amount of alcohol in each and super tasty.

We had a blast and we will be back.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

The Violet Hour is a great place. The cocktails are of the highest level and the atmosphere it great. The have some 'House Rules' that help to keep away types that aren't into this kind of establishment. Basically they don't want you on your cell phone or in general to act inappropriately. The seating is controlled so if there's four people in your party you get a table with four chairs, no standing/wondering around like it's a meat market. There's a few more things and I know this might seem constrictive but in reality it keeps the Violet Hour and it's customers focused on the experience of drinking some of the best cocktails you'll have anywhere. Recommended!

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Once you find this no-signage place, you enter into a different world for drinking. The drinks are pricey, but I know of no other place that has the most educated and creative bartenders in Chicago. Sure, you say,....but it's true!, and I DO love my drink! Of course, I understand that there are many wonderful bartenders in Chicago, I know some to be sure, but few raise the artistic and creative level of drink making to such sensory driven heights. I love this place!!!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

If you don't mind waiting outside for a while before being seated at the Violet Hour, this is the place to go to in Chicago for tasty cocktails at a reasonable price! The cocktails are as good as the much more expensive Aviary and you get to experience amazing drinks in a swell ambiance! The old fashion is really really good, not too strong, not too sweet with amazing flavors served with a giant ice ball... My favorite drink there!

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Had a great time at the Violet Hour. Probably not cool enough for the place, but the waiter was very nice and helpful. We didn't have to wait at all as it was a Sunday and they were not busy. I enjoyed all the drinks and snacks we ordered. My friend was less than impressed with her first drink and they made her a totally new one. Pricey, but it would be more of a special night out rather than your normal neighborhood bar.