The Congress Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$269
US$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$187
US$206
US$187
US$167
US$604
US$447
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$375
US$302
Agoda.com
2,914 results
All reviewsgrant parkbuckingham fountaingold rooma lake view rooman older hotelart institutelake michigansoldier fieldshedd aquariumthe beannavy pierking roomfew blocksthe magnificent milelakeview
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sorry but this might be lengthy. My daughter and I stayed at the Congress Plaza Hotel for 4 nights and had a great stay. Started when we got there about 2:30 pm, check in is at 3 pm. The desk clerk was very nice and had no issue checking us in early. Because I had read some reviews that said the rooms were bad I asked if they had me in a renovated room. They did not but only took an extra minute to switch the room. The doorman and bellmen were very nice and professional. The doorman Steve was great and always asked us if we needed anything or how our trip was when he saw us throughout our stay. The room was updated and very nice. I love that even though it has been renovated they have left the old heavy wood doors on the entry, the closet and the bathroom. It definitely keeps that old charm that is so appealing in historic buildings. The room was clean and the view spectacular! Definitely recommend the lake view rooms. I have seen other reviews that say it is dingy and thin walls, I did not see any of this during my stay. It must have been in a different tower or different floor. We indulged in room service a couple times, Called down for breakfast and was told it would be up in 30 minutes. They were actually very fast, had the food to us in 15 minutes. We had the pancakes and omelet and they were delicious and plentiful! I definitely will stay here again. My daughter was disappointed she did not have any ghost experiences, but maybe next time.

Room Tip: Lake view, renovated rooms 10th floor or above for best views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
congressplazahotel, Public Relations Manager at The Congress Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing The Congress Plaza Hotel, we are delighted to hear your visit to Chicago was nothing short from exceptional. Your feedback was greatly appreciated! Upon check in you can always request a newly renovated room on one of the haunted floors! However if that is to much of a scare I definitely recommend looking on YouTube, some of our guests experience in our rooms . Pretty spooky! We look forward to hosting you for a future stay!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my second time staying at The Congress Plaza and the views were amazing!! We had a king room with views of Lake Michigan and Grant Park. The location is perfect!! Within walking distance of great food, shopping and public transportation (if you want to get somewhere quickly and inexpensively). It's an older hotel with a lot of history but its very nice & clean with updated amenities. Only thing missing IMO is a refrigerator in the room. Good stay!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Congress Plaza Hotel, we are delighted to hear your visit to Chicago was nothing short from exceptional. We look forward to hosting you for a future stay!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There is a lot of old world charm, and a beautiful lobby.
But, it is old. Thin walls, dingy carpet, everything was clean but aged.
You can't beat the location though, and they make up for the age with quick, friendly service.

Room Tip: great location with access for downtown sights and activities
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences encountered during your stay at The Congress Plaza Hotel. Once again, thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. We look forward to the opportunity to host you for a future stay!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

No modern conveniences such as a fridge or charging stations or even a coffee maker! And none in the lobby! I was forced to walk to a Starbucks each morning just for coffee. One morning I decided to order some from room service, but after 40 minutes of waiting, I cancelled the order and walked to starbucks. One bedside lamp had no lightbulb, there was no way to control the room temperature and the bed was as hard as a rock. Really. Like sleeping on a board with a sheet over it. Never again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Michelle C
congressplazahotel, Public Relations Manager at The Congress Plaza Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences encountered during your stay at The Congress Plaza Hotel. Fridges are located in the room of suites only however we do provide fridges for an additional fee of $10 for standard rooms. Our coffee should be in every room along with a coffee maker. Upon check out did you ask to speak to a manager because this is completely unacceptable. I will be sure to mention this to our general manager.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My sister and I loved the room. It was very chic. The lobby when you walk into the hotel is large and inviting. The check-in was effortless and the hotel staff very accommodating. We only had one complaint, the room was kind of on the warm side. We enjoyed the lounge/bar located in the hotel. They had the most AMAZING pretzel I have had in a while. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting to stay in a nice location for a great price. I will definitely stay again when we go!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 14th floor. The view was amazing. We could see the city and the water!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing The Congress Plaza Hotel, we are delighted to hear your visit to Chicago was nothing short from exceptional. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our pretzel's! We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you've encountered during you stay. In the future if its to hot or cold please dial 0 for the front desk and we will be happy to send someone to help fix the problem. We look forward to hosting you for a future stay!