To start off, the location is amazing. Close to everything, without the hustle and bustle of Michigan Ave. When we arrived, the doormen where very polite. We had our 2 yearold with us, in a stroller. As others have mentioned, upon entering the hotel, one MUST use steps. Not many, but steps none the less. The doorman helped carry the stroller up the steps. Once we got our bags to our room, we were very disappointed in the size. The bed is almost to large for the room. In the room, I did not have enough space to take a full step without running into something. Our view was ok. Nothing spectacular. After traveling all day, we went down to the Pump Room for dinner. It was around 7pm. We had just traveled and we were wearing jeans and polos. Almost half of the tables that we could see where open. We were told they had reservation wait lists for many hours. I left thinking it was because we were underdressed. The doorman who helped with the stroller helped us find a place to eat. When we got back, it was different doormen. They were counting their tips and never even acknowledged us. As others have mentioned the walls are very thin. I could hear the TV and conversations of rooms around us. The mattress was harder than I prefer. After check out, we left our bags at the hotel. When we returned to pick them up, there was no greeting or assistance with the stroller from the doormen. We had to hail our cab as well. They were just standing around shooting the bull. I'm not sure if I would recommend this hotel. I guess I expected more from a 4-star hotel. My largest complaint is the size of the room. Way to small for me. It was probably the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a rich history rooted in Chicago’s Jazz Age, Ambassador Chicago is the city’s original boutique hotel dating back to 1926. Located in the heart of the Gold Coast, the iconic property has hosted the who’s who of the 20th and 21st centuries having served as a local beacon to countless celebrities. Uniquely individual, Ambassador Chicago is nestled among graceful mansions in a quiet, gilded neighborhood tucked into the center of the Windy City offering incredible views of Lake Michigan with easy access to Chicago’s main shopping boulevard, Michigan Avenue. With 285 spacious guestrooms, a 24-hour fitness center, two restaurants, thoughtful programming and amenities curated by local artisans and chefs, Ambassador Chicago maintains its distinct and legendary character while offering guests an authentic Chicago experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ambassador Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago