1,927 results
All reviews water tower nomi restaurant bath salts window seat huge tub michigan avenue lake view separate shower soaking tub five star hotel the location is perfect steam room room service rooms are beautiful the magnificent mile four seasons turn down service
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I stayed in Chicago for a night, but wished I could've stayed at this hotel for a week. The hotel options in Chicago were a little overwhelming, but I found a last minute deal that was a good price considering that this is a 5-star hotel so decided to go for it and treat myself.

Though my room didn't have a view of the water tower, I was placed on a high floor and had a corner room. The room was impeccable - the most comfortable bed, relaxing chair, bench along the window and huge bathroom with a comfy robes and slippers. The Le Labo toiletries and nespresso coffee machine were an extra bonus as well! My one minor complaint is that the seal on the tub was not tight. I tried to take a nice bath, but had to leave the water running as the tub would slowly empty which I felt was quite a big waste of water.

Service was good - when I first checked in and got to my room there was a knock a couple minutes after I got in and it was housekeeping making sure they brought extra washclothes because they couldn't remember if they had left any after they cleaned.

I didn't make use of the gym since I was only in town for a night and tried to spend every minute i could exploring the city, but I did take a look on my way for a drink at the bar and it looked really nice. Speaking of the restaurant - there's a nice little rooftop where you can have an overpriced drink, but why not if you're staying here at this point.

Lastly, I found the location to be perfect. It is right across from the John Hancock tower and right on the magnificient mile. Lots of shopping and if you've got it in you to walk it's a pretty easy walk to a lot of places. I walked to the bean, the riverwalk, eataly, and even one of the beaches near navy pier. Oh, and it was 96 degrees when I did it - so you can do it too :) Overall, would recommend this hotel to anyone and would love to stay here sometime again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Shannon C, Sales at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hello Jessica and thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Park Hyatt Chicago. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities in your room! We look forward to welcoming you back and hopefully you will have time to enjoy a drink at NoMI Garden.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We stayed at the Park Hyatt for one night. It is perfectly located in River North, steps away from fine dining, shopping, and the lakefront. The staff were all exceptional. We dined in the Garden, Lounge, and Restaurant and had a wonderful experience at each. Meeting Parker, the resident pug, was probably the biggest highlight of all. We will definitely be returning and may have found our new go-to hotel in Chicago!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hello Dan, We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and have found a new home away from home! Parker will be excited to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2018

The staff is very welcoming and helpful. The location is good. You can walk to most of the places you want to visit. They also have a driver who will drop you off within a short distance if available.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the location of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Very nice staff - at the entrance, in the lobby, in the restaurant. But the hotel's physical appearance seems off. Go to the restaurant on the 7th floor and tell me that this entrance is not weird - it's partially blocked by a display counter. Go visit the pool and tell me that you are in a Park Hyatt as opposed to a Holiday Inn. Look in your room and ask yourself is this a Park Hyatt or a Westin or a Sheraton? It wasn't obvious to me that the room was really nice except for lots of towels and high-end soaps. I have been to many Park Hyatts around the world and this one just seemed like a lesser one. It definitely wasn't the quality of the Ritz or the Four Seasons. Great staff though.

Room tip: It is noisy if your room faces Michigan Avenue
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MarkM350

Thank you for sharing this feedback. While we are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our staff, we are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your notes have been shared with our team and we hope you’ll return again soon so that we can improve upon this visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

First visit to this hotel and only one night. Excellent location and very friendly employees. Room was nice size and comfortable. Bathroom was great with a fantastic shower. Breakfast was good with plentiful choices. Did not experience any negatives during our short stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Shannon C, Sales at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

We are thrilled that you had a great experience with us and feel very lucky to be located in such an iconic part of Chicago. Hope to see you again soon!