“Great Service!!”

Ranked #50 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“Great Service!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I've been flying in and out of Chicago for business for the last few months. The energy at the Homewood Suites makes me feel very relaxed and comfortable. The staff is excellent. Every morning, Amer and the team of friendly porters greet me with smiles, offer help with my bags, and have cabs ready for me as soon as I walk out the door. Since they are the first group I see when I return every week and the last I see when I leave, its a constant reminder of how welcome I am at the hotel and how valued I am as a customer. The dining staff and the front desk staff, even the maintenance men are also very helpful and friendly and make me feel right at home. The rooms are cozy, and the location is fabulous. I'd recommend Homewood Suites to anyone staying in Chicago for long stays.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Karen S,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you always enjoy your experience when staying at our property. It is especially nice to see that you feel right at home. Thank you for your kind words about the helpful and welcoming staff; I will pass along you compliments to the entire team. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Crofton
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The best part of Homewood Suites in Chicago is the location.. It is within walking distance to everything! People were very friendly, the complimentary breakfast was great, and the people at the front desk were extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Croftonbeachgirl
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Croftonbeachgirl,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that the location of the hotel was very convenient for you throughout your stay. I was also glad to see that you enjoyed the amenities we offer. Thank you for taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff, I will pass along your compliments to the rest of the team. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chicago.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 May 2012

My family wanted a Chicago vacation, so we looked for a suite hotel. Very happy we landed at Homewood Suites. First, the location is perfect. Close to everything. The people were some of the nicest I meet at a hotel. Everyone from the bell desk downstairs, to the front desk to housekeeping could not have been nicer. Although the hotel itself could use a little updating, and is not fancy it certainly does the job, especially with a family. Great little kitchen, comfortable beds, and large rooms. We had a problem with the stove when we got there, but maintenance was up literally within moments after we called and got it fixed. Last visit to Chicago we stayed at the W, but Homewood is a much better choice. The only helpful suggestion is I wish they had some healthy alternatives for breakfast such as hard boiled eggs. We ended up not having the breakfast they provided but made our own in the kitchen so we could eat healthy. But for those that like a more traditional American breakfast, it’s a great deal. Never did the included dinner but it did look good. There is a Trader Joes, Starbucks and Jewel grocery store within a two minute walk, so no problem getting what you want. This is our new home away from home in Chicago. Loved the location and the kitchen.

Room Tip: We got one of the bigger rooms, but it truns out even the "samller" rooms are fine. The b...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Worldtraveler123451
Worldtraveler,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was very pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience at our hotel. It seems like you enjoyed all the amenities we offer and that you really enjoyed the kitchen in your suite. I was also glad to see that the hotel was conveniently located for you during your visit. I look forward to seeing you and your family again the next time you visit Chicago.

Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I would like to highlight one very special lady who made my stay at the Homewood Suites Chicago AMAZING... Connie Wilson! She went above and beyond to help this Southern Lady feel right at home! I asked if they ever served grits during their Suite Start Breakfast, she said "So sorry" so asked if they ever served bacon at these awesome breakfast, she sweetly said "So sorry" and asked where I was from. I told her Alabama. Funny thing is... so is she!!! The best part was the next morning, she was looking out for me to give me something, a box of instant grits! She made my day, my week, my trip! Love her!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Stanleyx32002,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I appreciate you taking the time to mention Connie Wilson; she is one of our best team members here. I was pleased to see that you felt right at home and that you enjoyed your experience. I look forward to seeing you again the next time your work brings you to Chicago.

Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

You cannot go wrong with this hotel. It's got a great price, has great amenities, friendly staff, and is close to everything. Best of all, the complimentary breakfast is terrific! I'll be returning here for sure.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff M
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Jeff,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the amenities we offer and took advantage of the complimentary breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to mention the friendly staff, I will pass along your compliments to the rest of the team here at the Homewood Suites. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chicago.