“Everything Italian”

Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 16 November 2019

Been coming here for over 50 years. Joe and Annamaria work their tails off to put out some of the best Italian food I ever had. Italian Ice and gelato, unbelievable chicken varieties, sandwiches and the best pizza, period. I read they were voted the Best Margherita and best spicy Soppressata pizza in Chicago! Can you believe it. Not Pequod's or Lou Malnati's (I enjoy them both also)

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (97)

Reviewed 19 August 2019

My future son-in-law took me here while I was visiting Chicago. Everything looked amazing! I wish I had 3 stomachs so I could have tried more dishes! I chose a pasta salad dish, followed by their homemade gelato. Fantastic!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 14 August 2019

I've eaten at many Italian restaurants at all kinds of prices but...forget about it. Your not going to find a better spot than this. (don't miss the fish salad and the stuffed gnocchi...FANTASTIC!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 10 August 2019

Everything was perfect! Friendly staff and atmosphere! I usually also buy items for friends and family that don't get to Freddy's often. They know customers by name and will help you take your items out to your car. Outside and indoor seating is great!
DO NOT pass this one up!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 30 June 2019

The locals have it right. There is a line out the door. Service is swift and efficient though, so the wait is not long. Besides groceries, everyone was in search of good, solid Italian foods, including but limited to pizza. We shared a variety of salads, a piece of pizza, and pasta. I can't get the meal out of my mind. It was all very good. We sat outside under the awning. Fun setting. There was an indoors seating area as well. You find your own seat and table, and I'm told it can be a problem, but on the sunny day we visited, there was seating with no wait. We lucked out. People came by to see if anyone needed anything else. We were happily eating our way through the variety of dishes we had bought. This is a great family casual place. I know some in our party go regularly. We are out of town visitors, but the next time I'm in the Chicago outskirts, I'm heading for Freddy's.

Date of visit: June 2019