1,611 results
All reviews drawing room afternoon tea lough rynn dining room out of this world grounds are beautiful top class a real treat staff were excellent thermal suite special occasion friends wedding changing rooms four poster bed beef food was amazing wedding reception
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Just back from Kilronan Castle, a gift from our children, we had a fabulous stay in this excellent hotel. Staff are great, especially our waiter Hugo. We had a full package, b&b, evening meal and spa treatments, our room was beautiful and very big, breakfast and evening meal were excellent (my wife is a chef and she was very impressed), spa was impressive and our massages were so relaxing. The setting is lovely by a large lake with some lovely walking trails, we have stayed at a few castle styles hotels in Ireland, Dromoland, Cabra, Ashford and Bellingham, and Kilronan is right up there with them all, lovely decor and impressive wood work throughout.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
castlekilronan, Manager at Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. Many thanks for the wonderful comments. I am delighted that you had an excellent overnight stay. It is great to hear that we are right up there with all the top Castles in Ireland. I will let Hugo know that he got mentioned.

I will forward this review to all concerned.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we always strive to improve and provide the best possible level of customer service.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall.

It was our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kilronan Castle Estate and Spa again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I recently stayed here St. Patricks weekend for two nights for my birthday. I really enjoyed this stay. The stay were extremely helpful and friendly. We dined in the hotel the first night and the food was gorgeous. The breakfast menu was lovely and Mar our waitress was so friendly and accommodating. We spent the second day in the spa and this was pure bliss. The treatments and thermal suite were great. The bed was big and very comfortable. I would highly recommend Kilronan Castle and will definitely be back to visit again. Beautiful walks available on the grounds if weather is nice. Many thanks.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 906LouiseM
castlekilronan, Director of Sales at Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Louise, Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa, we are just thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon hopefully!
Have a Lovely Easter

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Decided to nip away on a one night break. Have had it on our mind to visit for a while. Booking was perfect. Beautiful building and lovely avenue. As were checking in a wedding were making their way in but I must say we didn't even know they were in the same hotel for rest of our stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful and I must there was a lovely atmosphere around the hotel. The room was lovely. Bed very comfortable. However I must say the breakfast was a service let down. Eggs, both scrambled and fried like rubber. Rashers barely cooked. Pudding just hot mush. Sausages burnt on outside warm mush on the inside. In fairness all the cold items seemed fine. I hope I'm not being to harsh because couldn't recommend hotel highly enough apart from breakfast that I must say was a serious let down.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
castlekilronan, Director of Sales at Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Good Afternoon
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. Whilst I am delighted you enjoyed your time here at the Castle I am also disappointed that you didn't enjoy your breakfast with us. Here at Kilronan Castle we are firm believers that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I am sorry that on this occasion we disappointed you. It inst our normal standard and generally get great feedback regarding our breakfast. I will most certainly send on your feedback to our Executive Head Chef and Operations Manager to ensure this is looked into immediately. Again apologies for your experience at breakfast, however we do hope to welcome you back to Kilronan Castle Estate and Spa in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 March 2018

6th visit to Kilronan and it keeps getting better. Excellent and attentive staff special,mention to Libby in reception. Afternoon tea and dinner in the Douglas Hyde restaurant was delicious. Would highly recommend. A real treat!

2  Thank Siobhan H

Dear Siobhan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. Many thanks for the wonderful comments. I am delighted that you had an excellent overnight stay. I will let Libby know that you mentioned her in your comments.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall.

It was our pleasure to take care of you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Kilronan Castle Estate and Spa for your seventh Visit.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic place to stay staff are very friendly very helpful and look after you very well the breakfast was fantastic the room (honey moon suit) was an excellent size with fantastic facilities the grounds are well-kept the bathroom is massive I would highly recommend this place for a little luxury and a fantastic break On-site parking

1  Thank B2604OTjoannec

Dear Joanne,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor. Many thanks for the wonderful comments. I am delighted that you had an excellent overnight stay, The Honeymoon Suites are definitely worth staying in as each is individually decorated.