“Excellent Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2017

This appears to be an authentic family Mexican restaurant. The building is older, but clean. The service was great. I ate lunch there today, and the food was good. However, the chips and salsa were the best I have ever had! Their salsa and chips are made homemade at the restaurant! Delicious. The daily specials are very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Just stopped by favorite Mexican restaurant!
Ramon's has been in business for 50 years, before Mexican dining became vogue. The original owner passed away about a year ago, and his son has taken over the operation. He has avoided the pitfall of changing everything that made them an original.
The food is usually great, with a nice atmosphere.
If you want something different try the Ramon's cene tropical.
It is a lightly spiced pork served on a tostada with lettuce and tomato and cheese. It's a treat. We will be back again --- and again.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Second best Mexican food in Collinsville
Beans and rice are good but didn't care much for the tamale. Best Mexican place in Collinsville is a place called Taco Bell

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Sandy was our server, and she made us laugh and was very attentive to our needs. She let us enjoy our appetizer before coming by and getting our entree orders. She's very good at her job. We will definitely come back! The margaritas were awesome. I love the variety of the menu also. Fat Tuesday is here, go to Ramon's!!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Margaritas are my favorite drink. The ones here are fantastic because they are made without that fake lime flavoring. When I am in Southern IL, I will always come for a margarita here. I didn't like the cinnamon that they put in my cheese enchilada, I should have listened to the waitress. I loved the pork taco that she recommended.