“A Great Place for Good Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Burrito Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 139 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place has been around a while. It is a good Mexican restaurant where you can get a great meal, drinks, good imported beers and also feel like you want to come back. Seriously. So many restaurants fail because of hospitality. There are a couple of great wait staff here and they, and the food, keep us coming back. We actually sometimes eat here two or three times a month. Sometimes more. We especially like to come in on Mondays where we know our favorite waitress is there to serve us. It is not too crowded that evening. On other times when it is a bit crowded, we always feel like they are happy to see us and accommodating. They use some very good quality ingredients, know how to prepare the best dishes and also are interested in giving you what you want. They will switch out a sauce if you ask them and they will make you feel welcome. We have traveled a lot, eaten in a number of Mexican restaurants where sometimes the food is not up to par or the staff acts like you are an afterthought or an inconvenience. We are not Mexican, but here, in this place, we feel like we are among family. That is how they treat you. That matters and we will keep coming back.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Lots of fantastic, authentic Mexican food. They make their guacamole fresh for you. The ambiance is very old school diner with plastic tablecloths, but if can overlook the average ambiance, the food is great! Great place for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My husband and I go here at least twice a month. Nothing fancy, just good food. Can't comment on all the dishes they serve because we just go for the chips and salsa and the wonderful Taco Dinners. We've been going for years, and we have never had a bad experience.

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

I can see that some might pass by not realizing this great little place is here. We love it. My favorite are the mini chicken chimis they are so great, my favorite of any Mexican restaurant ever!!! ❤

Reviewed 15 March 2016

All kidding aside with the title, a friend and I had lunch here today. I had the 3 Taco Dinner and he, the Enchiladas. Both were very good. The service was great, the price was right, the atmosphere inviting and most important of all, I will be back again.