“Decent Pho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I found the pho to be very tasty. I read a review saying this was not "authentic", but I was the only non-Asian in the place. So it's obviously good enough for the tastes of the local Asian community.

I had the spring rolls and the beef pho. The spring rolls were fresh and were homemade. The pho was decent. Not the best I've had, but still very good.

The service was good. I would return.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This is the best place that I've found for Vietnamese in the Northern/Northwestern suburbs since moved North from the city and stopped going to Argyle Street years ago.

It's become a new "favorite" on our A list.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

This is a very nice/clean store front place in Desplaines. Excellent food, fresh, nice size servings and a great choice! BYOB with a great family that cooks wonderful food at good prices. We will make this a regular stop.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Ordered the pho tai, their beef pho. broth came out with chicken broth. Wth... Not only that, but the broth tasted like it was from powder, like they didn't make it themselves. I could have gone to the store for chicken stock and boiled some noodles. That's not authentic. What kind of beef pho has chicken broth? I would have ordered the pho gia if I wanted chicken. I grew up in a Vietnamese town with pho restaurants and moved here, hoping to find something that reminded me of home. But this was a huge disappoimtment. The broth is very important to the dish. Not only that, but they had very little noodles and meat in the bowl. I dont even want to talk about the meat slices. The quality overall was really poor compared to the price. Only good thing here was the service. Sorry, but never coming here again. I'd rather travel an hour to Chicago for good pho.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

The pho is even rated highly by aliens from other planets. And these aliens know pho. Trust me, I've read the reviews. Try it. Like it. Revisit. It will give you something to talk about with anyone in the galaxy.