“Not worth it”

Oba Contemporary Japanese
Ranked #67 of 186 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 May 2016

It is a tapas style sushi place, nice names of each sushi, the portion is so small, or hardly to see the real thing they used to make it. Won't come back,

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Just great sushi. My go to place. I would recommend the kiss of fire and the green tea mochi for dessert is excellent. Definitely 5 stars.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

We dine here once or twice a month. The staff knows us very well and they remember what my kids eat even before we order.
Do not let the outside look deceive you. The food is excellent, the service fast and courteous, and the price fair.
Do give it a try.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Simple Japanese in strip mall... Dinner night before family trip out of O Hare. Food was solid... Kids had udon and tempura... I had good spicy shrimp and California rolls and my husband had various sashimi. Wasn't crowded, service was friendly. Good spot.

1  Thank Noel G
Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

Nice eclectic sushi restaurant tucked away. Nice ambience inside and a wide selection of entrees on their menu. Staff was also very friendly. Sushi was great and prices were very reasonable. I had the Urban Heat signature roll. My husband had the Godzilla roll which were fried. Both tasted really good. We also got a free little appetizer and ice cream with our meal. Our meal came with a salad and miso soup. It was filling and satisfying.

1  Thank Jennifer M