“Open for business with really good thin crust pizza”

Barnaby's of Des Plaines
Ranked #36 of 187 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Pizza, British
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 March 2015

I'm not sure if someone reviewed a different Barnaby's, as there are a couple others, but this Barnaby's on Touhy Ave, just east of Wolf Road is definitely open for business. We got there on Sunday, 1 Mar 2015, and found that it was filling up. I think most come for the pizza at Barnaby's. It certainly is a "friends" or large family place. Pitchers of pop are available. Though, not a fan of thin crust pizza, the thin crust pizza at Barnaby's is one of the best thin crust pizzas in the area. And they have been for many years. Ample parking, reasonably priced and friendly staff.

Reviewed 9 November 2014

This place has awful service, awful customer service, and a bad atmosphere overall. I waited for over an hour for a pizza and when I told them the wait time was too long, I got an excuse of "everyone had to wait tonight". They need to hire new employees and also re train the current ones. There was a lady that was working, she looked unprofessional and dirty, she said to me and my family when we were talking about the pizza under her breath that it was going to a 30 min wait and rolled her eyes. The pizza is okay at best, nothing to rave about. I will never step foot into this place again

Reviewed 8 October 2014

Yes, I've eaten this pizza from various locations since I was a teenager. We stopped here on the way back from the airport, and it still holds up. Just great thin crust crisp pizza. We even took some half baked pizzas to freeze and make another time at home. Very good burgers as well.

1  Thank Traderjoey
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I went a barnabyes with my family it was a great pizza test like heaven and I will recommend from my friends was a great service

1  Thank mikeolson44
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been going to Barnaby's since I was a kid. When back in the area I have to have a pizza. Now my kids love it. Don't expect anything fancy, just good pizza. Fish and Chips, fries and chicken fingers all have been good too.

1  Thank manynuts