“Excellent thin crust pizza (Chicago Tavern style)”

Barnaby's of Des Plaines
Ranked #23 of 194 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Pizza, British
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Barnaby's Des Plaines continues to produce excellent thin crust Chicago tavern style pizza.

Plenty of space & free parking. Restaurant can get crowded on weekends.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I have been going to this place since 1982 for good quality thin crush pizza not found anywhere else in NW suburbs. They recently adjusted their prices but still very reasonably priced. They have one cashier who is not so friendly but I don't let bother me since I love their pizza. Their french fries including with cheese is simply best..

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I've been coming here for over 40 years. Although they have many tasty items on the menu I always come for the pizza. They serve a thin crust pizza which is the type I grew up with. Unlike many pizzas that have a standout cheese,sauce,or crust, all the parts of this one blend harmoniously.
The decor is the same as it was in the 70s. 20 years ago I was hoping they would update; now I hope they never change.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Casual and inexpensive. Barnabys is a breathe of fresh air in the Ohare area full of more expensive options for pizza and beer. And their thin pizza is among the best. Love the fact there are not any windows, so you lose track of time. This place is simply a classic.

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

It's good to be away from home yet have a touch of home - and that's what Barnaby's offers. We frequent Barnaby's in South Bend so it is comfortable to dine at one in Chicago. This is not the home of a Chicago deep dish ... but we were happy to save on the calories and the baking time.