“Loud and Fabulous!”

Boston Fish Market
Ranked #1 of 194 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Huge portions, excellent preparation, but bring your earplugs and be ready for virtually no personal space. But it's fun and delicious and well worth braving the noise and close quarters!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We are always hearing about restaurants to try, so as with many other ones I have reviewed, we decided to try this one. We were also in the mood for a healthy meal, so it was a win-win…so we thought. We went a little before lunch on a Friday, which was perfect planning as we were told this place fills up fast.

Seating
There was a main part of the restaurant and additional seating set up in a tent that was also connected to the main part. We ended up sitting in the main part and it was very cramped. You had to go down the aisles sideways otherwise you’d be bound to bump people or tables.

Parking
There is street parking, parking in front of the restaurant, and at the end of Aldi’s parking lot.

Meal
Unfortunately, I don’t remember what we ordered this day as I am writing this review three months later. But what I can remember is both of our meals being oily. The fish and the veggies were saturated in oil. We also found the fish bland. At first, we thought the meals were pricey, but when we saw how much food comes on each plate we felt the prices were fitting. The portions are big enough for two people to share. It was a pity we didn’t enjoy our meals. I can’t say if we will give this place another try, but if we decide to I’ll definitely try something fried or a salad.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

You may have to park in the Aldi's lot across the street, but no worry. The wait for FRESH fish is worth it. Get the Grilled whitefish or the walleye, but there are plenty of other fish on the menu, grilled (as ours was) or fried if preferred. It can be crowded at dinnertime, but there is plenty of seating outside--covered heated tent in cool or cold weather. Warm fresh bread comes with the meal, and the service is top notch.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is a place that has a screwy set up but holy mole is it worth it. I would tell anyone if u like fish and want it dun to perfection no matter what it is GO HERE!!! If I write any more about this place it will only take away. U gotta go

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We stopped here for a takeout order after reading all of the rave reviews. The layout is horrible; the ordering line interferes with the servers going back and forth from the kitchen to the tables. It is also extremely noisy with loud music and customer noise. The tables reminded me of eating in my college dorms. We ordered a pound of fried cod to go with rice and veggies. I thought the cod a Culver's tastes better. Also, our order was priced a $3 more than the printed menu-the correct price was on a chalkboard. The owner seems a little gruff-I'd be smiling with all the cash I'm raking in.