“It's still a "harbor for seafood lovers"”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #47 of 180 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 21 April 2017

In our never-ending quest to sample as many Red Lobster locations as we can, we sought out the Red Lobster at 3001 Finley Road in Downers Grove. When the seafood restaurant chain was founded in 1968 in Lakeland, Florida, its motto was "Harbor for seafood lovers." In 2009, with the remodeling of the exterior and interior of each location, the motto was changed to "Bar Harbor" to coincide with the coastal New England theme. The menus have changed, too. Even more fresh fish and new appetizers and entrees. We love Red Lobster because it goes along with our more fish/less meat diet. What'll you have...lobster or shrimp or crab or red snapper or halibut or walleye or salmon or tilapia or sole or flounder or perch or crab legs? We started with a signature shrimp cocktail and bowls of lobster bisque and New England clam chowder. My wife ordered fish and chips, an old favorite that never grows old, while I chose halibut, a flaky and light but meaty fish that is a rarity on most menus. For dessert, we shared a big slice of key lime pie, perhaps the most appropriate closer for the nautical surroundings. From biscuits to dessert, Red Lobster never disappoints.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Both my husband and I ordered the King Crab Legs. They are always my go to order. They were messy and wonderful as always. The sides were no big deal. The biscuits are always good as was the honey mustard dressing. I had the key lime and would pass on that. Hubby had the apple crostini and loved it.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This was by far one of the worst experiences ever at Red Lobster. It started out having to wait to be seated on a less than packed house. Once seated, we were able to order the waiter brought our biscuits. I had to ask for napkins. The salad was brought out to my son. I had to get up and go ask another server for silverware. Our food finally arrived and my lettuce was brown. I am not sure why this was even acceptable to leave the kitchen. Overall poor and disappointing service and quality.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

One thing that strikes me is the very large interior space. They have 3 sections of sitting area. One evening I went I I had to wait a long time before being seated - over 10 minutes. There was no one even to greet us and there were two other parties.

That felt very odd - but the food was good. Just to check on the place I visited it the next day too and did not have to wait to be seated

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Have a biscuit, order the garlic shrimp on skewers, pass on the rice but take the caprese salad.
11 points! Yum