“Round up at the OK Golden Corral”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #61 of 196 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Crazy busy Saturday night at Golden Corral. The food is good for a buffet, and the variety here makes the high price actually seem fair. They added scallops that were so small it was laughable. I don't get that, but I still liked them. Steak is on par with an average restaurant, and cooked to your taste preference, which is a plus.

What I noticed was the staff was clearly overwhelmed and the place in general seemed severely understaffed. For example, the guy preparing the steak was also opening cans, running into the back storage, and refilling other food on the buffet. No one moved faster and worked harder - he clearly had little support in his area. He didn't look happy and I don't blame him for that. But considering he's grilling steak, for the safety of those eating it, I'd feel better if he wasn't running around so much.

As we were finishing up, our waitress that cleaned tables and brought refills, openly shared she make $4-$5/hr, and that she was working a 12 hour shift, and was exhausted but doing it again Sunday, and that she gets to keep whatever tips she gets. I think this was her way of explaining why we hardly saw her and the dishes were piling up everywhere in our area. She had a ton of tables all over, plus was helping take care of a party in another section. With so many people to wait on I did feel bad for her.

I hope tonight was an off night. But this place isn't new and they should know how to staff appropriately for peak times. Happy staff means happy customers. Still, our food was fine and the variety on the buffet makes the price fair. We did not leave hungry.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Very poor customer service at cashier upon arrival.
Everything I touched was sticky.
The place was not clean, floor, tables.
Had to walk all over the place to find two forks.
Refused to use their restrooms.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Your standard buffet. Good selection of food. Some of the items are actually pretty good for it being a buffet. The grill area is decent as is the cook to order section. Changing special items and promotions. Busy location and it a bit messy. Staff works hard to keep your table cleared.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

The food is good, the steaks are delicious. There is a good variety of food to choose from. Need more of a dessert selection.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

Here I am reviewing Golden Corral. It was a good thing I have low expectations when visiting cause if I went in with high expectations I would have felt let down. You have several different cuisines with each one having more sodium then the last. If you want to over indulge yourself on buffet quality food this is your place.

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!