“Best Buffet”

Golden Corral
Ranked #92 of 190 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This is the best food for a buffet all you can eat type restaurant. Excellent selections which change meat main course options daily. Try to avoid usual dinner hours. It will be easier to make selections without a crowd.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch with a co-worker from out of town. Pretty typical of most Golden Corral restaurants. Been to one, you have been to them all. Typical average food. Not a bad stop, just not great.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Place is durty, everyone behind the serving line is rude, you have to make a line to get a piece of steak and they just ignore you until there is a long line. Prices is ok, food is not that good, except steak. Waiters are usually nice and working very hard. Manager seems oblivious to issues ib this place. They need a "new set of eyes and refresh this place all around"

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Crazy busy Saturday night at Golden Corral. The food is good for a buffet, and the variety here makes the high price actually seem fair. They added scallops that were so small it was laughable. I don't get that, but I still liked them. Steak is on par with an average restaurant, and cooked to your taste preference, which is a plus.

What I noticed was the staff was clearly overwhelmed and the place in general seemed severely understaffed. For example, the guy preparing the steak was also opening cans, running into the back storage, and refilling other food on the buffet. No one moved faster and worked harder - he clearly had little support in his area. He didn't look happy and I don't blame him for that. But considering he's grilling steak, for the safety of those eating it, I'd feel better if he wasn't running around so much.

As we were finishing up, our waitress that cleaned tables and brought refills, openly shared she make $4-$5/hr, and that she was working a 12 hour shift, and was exhausted but doing it again Sunday, and that she gets to keep whatever tips she gets. I think this was her way of explaining why we hardly saw her and the dishes were piling up everywhere in our area. She had a ton of tables all over, plus was helping take care of a party in another section. With so many people to wait on I did feel bad for her.

I hope tonight was an off night. But this place isn't new and they should know how to staff appropriately for peak times. Happy staff means happy customers. Still, our food was fine and the variety on the buffet makes the price fair. We did not leave hungry.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Very poor customer service at cashier upon arrival.
Everything I touched was sticky.
The place was not clean, floor, tables.
Had to walk all over the place to find two forks.
Refused to use their restrooms.