“GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD PLACE. CHEERFUL SERVICE”

Hoopers Sports Bar & Grille
Ranked #59 of 196 Restaurants in Elgin
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Used to go here a long time ago, but was hampered by the Smoking (it would drift into the non-smoking section).

Now that it is all non-smoking, it is a great place to stop in for dinner - especially when getting off the Train at Big Timber. Good selection of food and the drinks are reasonable. Comfortable and a good neighborhood place to get drinks as well as decent food. I was impressed with the quality of food. Ribs are excellent. Salads are also really good. I would have rated it a Very Good - but the combination of reasonable drink prices, great food and quiet atmosphere (a place to wind down after work) I rated it Excellent because you can go there without breaking the bank. (a place you could go to a couple of times a week)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

we stop by for dinner to celebrate because we sent the kids off to Jesus Camp. We were looking for more of an adult restaurant. Patty melt was wonderful with mi tie special. My wife had the ribs with fell off the bone. The sauce was a little bland and needed a little something. I wish we could have seen more of our server she was busy with many other tables. We had a good dinner date and I am happy we tried this place.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

The food is amazingly delicious. Hoppers have the best Philly cheese steak I have had so far. The staff is kind and friendly.

1  Thank FOLEY31
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

Very good local bar, friendly atmosphere and great food. I usually go on Friday nights get in a little karaoke and chat it up with the regulars who are all very nice people.

1  Thank roachpapa13
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The food is awesome & the staff is spectacular!! I highly recommend Hoopers, the greatest people n the food rocks!!!

Been to Hoopers Sports Bar & Grille? Share your experiences!