“Out of ribs, but awesome brisket!”
Review of Sharks Roadhouse - CLOSED

Sharks Roadhouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I purchased a certificate for Sharks on Restaurant.com because we pass by it when we visit my daughter in Dubuque and all the reviews said they have awesome ribs. My husband loves BBQ ribs, so I bribed him into riding 2.5 hours (each way) with me to return my granddaughter to her parents by telling him we would stop at Sharks on the way home. After dropping the baby off, we headed toward Sharks looking forward to filling up on those ribs. We arrived around 3:30 on a Friday (New Year's Day) and the place was fairly empty.
We were greeted immediately by the bartender, who turned out to also be the server. I expected the decor to be either beachy or ocean themed, but other than a few sharks on the wall, it was mostly decorated with animal heads mounted on the wall. That was fine, I just didn't expect that. The server approached the table immediately and informed us that they were out of a few things...mainly the ribs! We were disappointed, to say the least, and let her know that was the whole reason we stopped there. She apologized and told us that after Sunday they would be closed until March so they did not order any more ribs, but their brisket was "really, really good". When I said I wasn't even sure what brisket was, she offered to run in back and get me a sample. I declined and we chose to order it anyway. We also ordered their "huge heaping order of hand cut onion rings" for $8.75. It took about 20 minutes to get the onion rings and I was disappointed in the serving size for the price. (I'm attaching a picture so you can judge for yourself.) They were really good, though. It took another 15-20 minutes to get our meal. The food was delicious. The brisket was tender and tasty (the BBQ sauce is in bottles on the table so you can choose what you want). I had mac-n-cheese and coleslaw as my sides and my husband chose baked beans and potato salad. She came back to tell us that they were out of potato salad! He then chose slaw. The sides were also really good (my hubby said the beans were just "ok"). I would have to say that the price was a little high for what we got. The brisket platter was $18.50. The saving grace was that we had the certificate that was valued at $25 off of $50 or more.
To summarize; the food is good, slightly overpriced, the service was friendly, food takes awhile to arrive, the decor is casual, but comfortable. We will probably try one more time (in the spring) to hopefully experience their ribs.

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Good burger. Great sauces. Excellent wings. Good service. Lots to look at and take photos of. So why only 4 stars ? It's a wee bit expensive for what it is -apart from that a great lunch

Reviewed 27 October 2015

We brought our family for lunch on our way to Galena and had such a great experience we stopped on our way home on Sunday for dinner the food was great, but the atmosphere is something every one should stop and see !!!

Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

We visited around 2:30 pm on a Sunday for a late lunch. It was busy but still, 90 minutes to wait for your food after your order is ridiculous and it really was not very good. Baked potato was hard, beans tasted like they came from a can and brisket was just blah! Would not return or recommend.

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick lunch on our way to Galena. We were pleasantly surprised with the portions and quality of the food. Great pulled pork.