Quality Inn(Harrisburg)
US$89
US$69
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Relax Inn & Suites Kuttawa / Eddyville(Kuttawa)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
US$68
Orbitz.com
US$134
Hampton.com
Patti's Inn & Suites(Grand Rivers)(Great Value!)
US$99
Priceline
All reviewsfire pitwalnut hillmaple oakrim rockcozy cabinhickory hollowgreat hostssouthern illinoisporch swingdvd playerrelaxing weekendlong weekendspent nightsstayed longerminute drivefamily vacationnational forest
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We have three kids, 9, 7 and 6 they had a BLAST. Great hiking, great camping, all around great experience. I wish we would have brought out own wood, the wood was a bit wet due to the rain. Other than that PERFECT trip. Stayed in White Oak Treehouse.

Room Tip: White Oak for family of 5 - 6
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TimberRidgeOutpost, Owner at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

I am so happy to hear what a great time you all had. Personally, Marty and I really enjoy stepping out our back door and hearing the children down by the cabins running around playing and laughing without the help of anything electronic! Just a simple rope swing and good old fashion "playing outside". That is what Timber Ridge is all about. Thank you so much for staying with us. We really do appreciate your business. Elizabeth

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I saw a Facebook post about Timber Ridge Outpost over a year ago and knew I had to try it out. I booked a couple of nights in the Maple Oak Treehouse as a Christmas Adventure for my 5 year old son. We were there right before Christmas (2017) and were lucky with the weather. It was warm and the trails were relatively empty. It felt like we had the whole National Forest as our personal playground. My son was in heaven. He told everyone we were living in a treehouse!

This is the ultimate glamping experience. We had everything we needed: beds, toilet, shower, sink, coffee maker, microwave (for hot chocolate), hot plate (for oatmeal), fridge (for wine), heaters, even wireless. There was a TV, but it was really just background noise while we played games (provided by Timber Ridge).

Keep in mind you are in a treehouse with steps. We packed all our clothes (my son's, my husband's, and mine) in one suitcase. There was no way we were getting that up in the loft so we set it up under the ladder to the loft. It was also a pain to drag it up the stairs to the treehouse. I recommend you bring small to medium sized duffle bags.

If you are thinking of staying in this treehouse take into consideration that the beds are pretty close and there isn't really any separation or rooms. I didn't consider this a negative. It worked for our purposes, but if this were a trip for two couples you would want to be sure you are VERY comfortable with the other couple or get a bigger treehouse or cabin. It would be perfect for one couple or a couple with two (or maybe three small) kids.

I must point out how accommodating Timber Ridge was to us. I made a mistake and thought I had booked one more night than I actually booked. They called us while we were out and said they were worried because they found all our stuff still in the treehouse. When I apologized for my mistake, they were kind enough to let us stay another night. I'm glad they did. It rained the last night we were there. It was amazing to fall asleep with the pitter patter of the rain falling on the roof above the loft. When we left the next morning, it started to snow. It was beautiful.

My family will always have these wonderful memories thanks to Timber Ridge. I have recommended them to a few other people that I think would love it. I hope that we might be back when our other son gets a little older.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ljphilli150
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We stayed in Hickory Hollow log cabin with our dogs during New Year's Day weekend. We had a nice pleasant stay, very relaxing being in the woods and staying inside a warm cabin. The cabin was very clean and organized, we had a bit of a problem with our toilet on our first day but Marty took care of the problem right away. Overall we had a very relaxing stay at Timber Ridge. We will definitely go back and stay here maybe in the Spring or Summer as we were not able to do a lot of hiking and sight seeing due to cold weather.

Room Tip: stay in the tree house!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wowok2travel
Reviewed 30 November 2017

My 10 year old son and I stayed in the Maple Oak treehouse for Thanksgiving. We spent 3 nights there. Everything was just perfect. It's a treehouse, and I'm about 5 feet tall and I hit my head a few times. So it's legit. It's clean, it's cozy, and while I didn't want to work while there I had to for a few minutes and the service/wifi is spot on. I had an issue with the DVD player for movie night and the owners were just a text away.

The little Outpost store has really great ice cream. The weather was wonderful so my son and I sat out two days in a row enjoying soft serve. There's so much to do in the area, and coming "home" to the treehouse every day was such a treat. We had fires at night with some really great free firewood. I still kind of smell like a smoked ham. :) Marty and Elizabeth supplied great directions once we got off the expressway that were much better than our GPS, and this was much appreciated. There were some pretty good sized potholes on the path leading to the resort but not one hour later Marty and I assume his son were out filling the holes and they weren't an issue for the rest of the trip.

There's really not anything I would change. I can't wait to come back next year for Thanksgiving.

Thank you so much for making mom and son bonding time so special, Marty and Elizabeth!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TimberRidgeOutpost, Owner at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Oh my gosh what a great review! I agree, roads around here can leave a little to be desired but you were correct, that was Marty and Spencer filling the pot holes! (Rumor has it they are scheduled to resurface our road next year). I have 3 sons and it really warms my heart to know you had such a great Mom-son bonding weekend. We look forward to see you again soon! Elizabeth

Reviewed 30 November 2017

We stayed in Walnut Hill with our family and our dog, Everyone had a blast, including the dog. Plenty of day hikes nearby and plenty at the house to do as well for the icky days. about a 45 minute drive from Horseback riding and the chocolate factory. The outpost store has a lot of really cool knick knacks.Owners are awesome. Great view from the backyard. Would recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: Beautiful scenic view from back porch of the house
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TimberRidgeOutpost, Owner at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thanks everyone! Was great seeing you this year and we look forward to seeing you all again next year! Elizabeth & Marty