“Do not leave without trying The Onion soup ”
Review of Cafe Amano - CLOSED

Cafe Amano
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We had a late dinner at this restaurant last night after reading a large number of reviews on Yelp and think it rates a spot in Trip Advisor. thanks!
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This is my 1st trip to this location and I was very very happy. Our server recommended The Onion soup and he really had a persuade me to try it. But boy was I happy I did. It was probly the best to 5 he had in a very long time. It is not your traditional onion soup it's a creamy onion soup that was rich filling and absolutely delicious. And I had the small plate shrimp and asparagus which had a sauce on the shrimp, it was fabulous. And to finish out the meal I had raspberry sorbet it was excellent.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

They were very agreeable about doing my whitefish without pecans and they fixed it very nicely. Our friend's vegetable appetizer was beautiful with asparagus, red Peppers, and three other veggies nicely presented. And they had nice wines.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

This was our second visit to Cafe Amano in Elmhurst. Both times it was for a family graduation dinner and both times dinner was excellent. Service was prompt, efficient, friendly. Everyone was happy with their selections, and the proportions were plenty. I had the trout this time and it was very good. We hurried through dessert before getting to the graduation, but what we could eat in such a short time was very good, and again plenty to eat. I like the decor, it feels European like. I like the different sized mirrors displayed on the largest wall. I always take special notice of these things while dining. The atmosphere is gracious with the kind manners of the staff.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I haven't reviewed Cafe Amano since December '15. Although the restaurant is always very good, tonight it was phenomenal - simply outstanding. My son had the cinnamon diver scallops and I had the shrimp and artichoke saute for appetizers. He had the Veal marsala and I had the Filet Mignon Salad. - Everything was perfect - taste, presentation, quality and freshness. My son had - what I call their signature desert - the carrot cake. It is truly a carrot cake like no other. Each plate looked like it was meant to be photographed for a gourmet food magazine layout. Kudos once again to Marco and his staff!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Just slay me now. Of my 30+ years of traveling, Cafe Amano was without a doubt one of the top experiences in the world I've had. I went with friends one evening, and the food selection was exquisite. I was most definitely not dissapointed with that evening in the least.

To top it off, Marco himself comes out to our table and asks how everything was, in the middle of our salad. Asked a mutual friend of ours and the rest of us what was being decided for dinner. I had been wanting a good steak for 8+ months, and Marco absolutely delivered. Precisely cooked as I like, and there was not one single tough spot on the entire meal. I'd give them 7 stars if I could.

Suffice it to say anytime I'm in Chicago, we make the trip to Elmhurst now!