“Closed - Bummer”
Review of Cafe Amano - CLOSED

Cafe Amano
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We had a late dinner at this restaurant last night after reading a large number of reviews on Yelp and think it rates a spot in Trip Advisor. thanks!
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

So, I would give this 5 stars, but since it closed shortly after my wife hosted a bridal shower in June, I can only inform that the owner-Chef Marco had a good run here that ended too soon.

1  Thank Tommy_Tree2014

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Just received email thanking Elmhurst for the last 13 years and saying Cafe Amano is now closed. The email says something like stay tuned for something new in this space.

1  Thank seaotter301
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Saw the word in a previous review and doubt that I could improve on it. We went by chance - it was close and we were hungry! What a great find.
Started with bacon wrapped dates and adult beverages that were both excellent and perfectly served. Entrees and everything else followed the same flawless taste and service. Prices are in line with the food and service.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This is my 1st trip to this location and I was very very happy. Our server recommended The Onion soup and he really had a persuade me to try it. But boy was I happy I did. It was probly the best to 5 he had in a very long time. It is not your traditional onion soup it's a creamy onion soup that was rich filling and absolutely delicious. And I had the small plate shrimp and asparagus which had a sauce on the shrimp, it was fabulous. And to finish out the meal I had raspberry sorbet it was excellent.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

They were very agreeable about doing my whitefish without pecans and they fixed it very nicely. Our friend's vegetable appetizer was beautiful with asparagus, red Peppers, and three other veggies nicely presented. And they had nice wines.