“Great lunch Specials”

Bua Hana
Ranked #28 of 82 Restaurants in Forest Park
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Reviewed 26 December 2017

I love the lunch special they offer. You get a choice of an entree, soup and an appetizer. They typically have two choices of soup and their pot stickers are some of the best i have ever had. Staff is wonderful and very quick.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

This place was a substitute when I found Fuji Grill closed. Thought it would be similar and it is but not as good as Fuji. Salad was good. Miso soup rather blah. Spring Rolls were pretty good but had too many layers of rice paper making them rather clunky. Main dish of Chicken Teriyaki which was just OK. Sauce was rather uninspired. Service was very good and the place is attractive and clean. Might be worth another try.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

A GEM in Forest Park. My dining companion and I tried Bua Hana last night. The dishes were all super fresh, generous in portion, well balanced, savory and spicy where noted. They had some great Saki cocktails (I loved the Saki Mule- not too sweet is my style). Service was fun, spirited and efficient. There are nice big windows in the front which is so appealing in the good old summertime to enjoy a bit of fresh air and people watching. Prices were very fair for the quality of the cuisine,. Presentations of the food were enticing as well. LOVED it and cannot wait to try their sushi next.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

I've been going to Bua Hana since it opened 6 years ago, and it has remained consistently good. It's a very well kept place, and I've always had a good experience, whether I've dined in or ordered for delivery. There are a lot of options to choose from, since they offer both Thai and Japanese dishes, and everything I have tried has been great. They offer lunch specials which are quite a bargain, and have weeknight evening drink specials as well. The food is always fresh and made-to-order, and if you're dining in, you'll really the plate presentation of all the dishes. During the warmer months, their front windows actually fold open to give you the feel of al fresco dining without sitting out on the sidewalk. No matter what you order, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 25 March 2015

Bua Hana is reliable in terms of promptness of take out. The restaurant is well kept. The food is good, but I think the portions should be bigger for the price. Also, they never make my Pad Khee Mao a true medium spicy when I request it; it is always too mild. Parking is not particularly convenient. The only time I ate in the restaurant we had a weird interaction with the waitress where she had a very poor sense of pacing and didn't bring us the check until we had to explicitly ask for it; I know that is customary in some countries, but definitely not in the town of Forest Park, IL.. The service has never been poor though. I would go back but I have found Thai places in the area I like better.