All reviews close to downtown culvers walmart pool weekend
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Very clean and good roads, our site had several tree roots poking ip, perhaps some filling in with dirt would help. The campground is very close to downtown and all attractions. All in all a good time was had by all

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Overall, our stay at the Palace Campground was positive. Very clean grounds, restroom, and pool area. There are a number of amenities on-site and nearby, and very close to shopping with easy access to downtown Galena. The staff was VERY HELPFUL and provided a very warm welcome. The downside is that the wifi is terrible, and the campsites are VERY SMALL (we were nearly touching units on both sides). A good, safe place for a good, quick stay-over.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I hate to rant, but after reading recent reviews I thought I would let people know exactly what this campground is and not let someone detour campers from visiting.
For several years, my family and I have been visiting the Palace Campground located just outside of downtown Galena Illinois. Our first experience was during the summer of 2012. The campground was clean, inviting and very friendly. However, it did need a few updates, but given the age and history of the property the condition was overall well. Our last visit was very recent (July 2, 2017) and it was our first time coming this year. We arrived a day before the busy ‘holiday weekend’ and like always the staff in the office were friendly and ready to help us enjoy our vacation. The property was like we remembered it the year before (clean and inviting) however, the office along with many other amenities were updated, which was a pleasant surprise. The staff in the office are always friendly and offering their help. I read in a previous review that staff are never outside of an airconditioned office. I don’t know about others, but when I am on vacation I am not looking for “staff” to be bothering me. The staff here do not bother the campers what so ever. In fact, the owner and other staff are around and available to the campers throughout a majority of the day. For example, maintenance is always on site. We had a minor issue with OUR camper and they offered to help us out. We had a full hook- up site, which was not extremely large but it did it’s job. As far as that goes, we never had a single problem with our electric, water or sewer. The owner is always around whether she is visiting with campers, helping in the office, or starting the weekend movie. This leads me into another issue with a previous review. There is a rule that you must pick up after your pets, they must be leashed and never left unattended (clearly stated in the office). The owner does have her own dogs with her, however when we visited they had E-COLLARS on. We love Spider and Sky, they are very sweet dogs that our kids love to visit in the office. This place is a PET FRIENDLY campground so it’s only fair you’re greeted by wet noses, whether it be the owners dogs or camper’s pets. Early in the morning we would walk up the bathroom’s and there we found maintenance refreshing the bathrooms and cleaning the pool. Conveniently, we forgot our suits, but that was an issue for long. We walked next door and bought new one so we could enjoy the warm rays and cool water. In our earlier visits the pool and minor cracks, but was far from dangerous. This year the pool looked to be repainted and repaired! On the bright side of this campground, they updated their mini golf TO GLOW IN THE DARK and extended their wifi signal.
I apologize for this terribly long review, but after reading 2 false and unfair reviews I felt I had to depict this campground for what it really is. The staff are always friendly, the property is kept clean, there are NO dead tree’s and very few grass clippings strewed about, the pool and mini golf are enjoyable EVEN FOR ADULTS, and the bathrooms are clean and perfect for what they are meant for!

Room Tip: Kim and Sammy in the office are very friendly! We always book with them!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank JackieF1649
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Visited again this summer and had a great time. Grounds are well kept and bathrooms clean. Apparently a lot of others think the same way, because there were lots of campers in the park having fun. Noticed some improvements and they are all nice. We will definitely attempt to return at least once more this year.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Good place to stay, if you are not planning on spending a great deal of time at the campground. The sites are small. The price was very good though. There was about 6" from our neighbor's awning to our trailer. There are sites with full hookups, however, none appear to be leveled so be prepared to level your own unit, if it isn't self leveling. There is free wifi that has decent coverage, although it did occasionally drop while we were connected to it. The pool was very good, clean, and well maintained. The public restroom and shower was older but, clean and well maintained. There is a mini golf and game room right next to the campground. There was a Culvers and a Walmart within easy walking distance. You are within a 5 minute drive to the downtown area of Galena.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family