“Wonderful Victorian Mansion hosted by Galena experts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Queen Anne Guest House
Ranked #28 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was a lovely place to stay in Galena. The hosts Mike, and Anita were just lovely. Mike knows so much history regarding Galena. The breakfasts were wonderful - so spoiling. It is a little walk to town which was great after having a few drinks. The house was immaculate and has a lovely screened in porch in addition to the common rooms. Very homey and I would want to stay here again - they have set the bar !

Room Tip: We had the room with the queen bed and a day bed... It was lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank foursquares

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a late Valentine's day weekend getaway & absolutely loved it. This was a beautifully restored home with all the modern day amenities. Between the fabulous gourmet breakfasts every morning & fantastic service, we were really treated 1st class. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The host of Queen Anne made us feel right at home -- like a long time friend. The food was delicious (especially the caramel pear), and loved the selection of coffee and tea available. The rooms are smaller than other B&Bs I've been to, but there was plenty of room downstairs to play games. Would definitely stay again. Good affordable pricing! Thanks, Mike!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was my first experience staying at a B&B and it exceeded all of my expectations. When we called to make our reservations, Mike was accommodating on the phone and answered all our questions. We also got a great mid-week deal. Since we stayed 3 nights we got the 3rd at only half price. Upon our arrival Mike gave us a tour of the entire house and of our room. He was very friendly and welcoming, letting us know that the downstairs of the home was ours to enjoy. There were also DVDs, CDs, and games to play downstairs or take to our room if we wanted. He even let us borrow a small part of the fridge for leftovers. He told us about a parlor party that he puts on every day at 5. It sounded very fun but we weren't ever able to make it since I'm a photographer needed to be out getting my best light of the day at that time. As it was mid-week during the off season the whole town was quiet and peaceful. We were the only ones staying in the B&B! We stayed in the Queen Anne room at the top of the stairs. It had a big bay window with a lovely view of the woods. The bathroom was big with space to hang our clothes and a pink claw-foot tub. Sooo cute. There was a fireplace that let us turn up the heat to make it extra cozy and also a flat screen TV. It was great to relax on the big four-post bed and watch some DVDs, and yet when the TV was off the Victorian ambiance was still intact. For being an old home built in the late 1800's with such high ceilings, it was always warm and there was always plenty of hot water. Speaking of hot water- Mike made sure to set up a tea cart with mugs and hot water every morning and evening. There was cider, hot chocolate, tea, and coffee to pick from. We loved that! It really made it feel like home for us. I also liked how (since we were the only ones staying there at the time) he left all the doors open upstairs so that we could peek into each individual room. He also let me photograph them. Each room has been decorated beautifully and uniquely. The Sir William and Prince George rooms were both very big with space to walk around. The Lady Ashley is the smallest room in the home but has the biggest bathroom with a jacuzzi tub AND a fireplace in it. If we return we will be booking that room for sure! I've read that a few people were quite displeased with the size of the room but I wouldn't judge it based on those reviews. YES the room is small but there is sill plenty of space for you and your things (unless you're towing in 2 tons of luggage). From what I observed, each room has been decorated with skill and care. The color schemes are all lovely and personal touches from Mike and Anita have been added throughout. There is an amazing amount of natural light that fills the whole house via countless, tall windows. One of my favorite things about the Queen Anne room is that every morning golden light from the hallway's stained glass window would seep in under our door. There is honestly only one negative thing I could say about the place- the mattress in our room seemed a little on the older side and was kind of hard. This might be just a preference thing though, as I have a soft mattress at home. I believe that a couple of the rooms have softer mattresses though, and Mike would gladly tell you which ones they are. Needless to say the downstairs common areas were just as gorgeous. Every night I sat downstairs and read. The location of this B&B couldn't get any better. It's on a corner lot of a dark, quiet street. There is plenty of room to park your car. It's only blocks away from a foot bridge that takes you right into Historic Downtown. But perhaps the most impressive part of our stay were the breakfasts! My fiance has Celiac Disease. It's a serious challenge finding places for him to eat. And Mike modified every single breakfast perfectly. We woke up at 8 every morning to the smell of cooking and headed downstairs at 8:30 for the most wonderful food. Mike made things like steamed pears with caramel sauce, butter rum grapefruit, huevos rancheros, bacon with lentils, and omelets with wild mushrooms that he picked himself! Every morning the dishes and linens were different. And Mike was so friendly constantly serving us more tea and juice with a chef's hat and slippers on! He had lots of jovial and inspiring stories to tell. It was obvious he truly enjoyed having us there as his guests. He wasn't just going through motions. And as far as modifying food goes, he can make delicious meals for vegetarians and vegans as well. We felt we really hit the jackpot when we picked this guest house. I can't imagine there are too many people that would go through so much trouble to make sure their guests are comfortable and happy. I hope to return someday. Maybe in the Fall when all the leaves are changing colors! We had a wonderful stay at the Queen Anne. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. :)

Room Tip: Queen Anne- pink, feminine, romantic, corner unit, bay window, best view! Lady Ashley- smallest roo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura_Beth_Drilling
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our first time staying at a B&B so we had no idea really what to expect. The first thing we noticed and one of the main reasons we chose the Queen Anne was the amazing deals they had, we stayed for 3 nights and only paid half price for the third night. Honestly, we were both blown away by the whole experience. First and foremost having Celiac disease makes eating while vacationing difficult but Mike made sure to ask about any food problems we might have and once I told him about my disease he said it would be no problem to accommodate for it. His accommodations, by the way, were some of the best breakfasts I've ever had in my whole life. On to the room which was a gorgeous corner unit, The Queen Anne room, and it was beautifully furnished, had an amazing view and a huge bathroom with a claw foot tub. The last and probably one of the best parts about this experience was Mike himself, not only was he full of all sorts of interesting bits of wisdom regarding the town and the area, he was a passionate person with love of life and getting the chance to have breakfast with him every morning was a delight. While Anita couldn't be there we could tell that he carried her with him in the way he talked about their love and their home. When these two do finally sell their home it will be a loss for both Galena and the Bed and Breakfast world.

Room Tip: We looked through every room and they were all great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple