“fabulous pate, well EVERYTHING is delicious”
Review of Fritz and Frites

Fritz and Frites
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2015

Nancy served us and added to our enjoyment. I had salmon salad with a very generous piece of perfectly cooked, not overcooked, salmon. My husband ordered steak and frites and the hangar steak was superbly marinated. Soooooo many frites and good thing, too, because they were perhaps fried in lard and so flavorful - I stole as many as I could get away with. We had had 2 orders of the pate so had no room for dessert. GO THERE, it's EXCELLENT!

Reviewed 14 June 2015

I have eaten here many times and always great food and service. Small restaurant with great food. The hanger steak was one of the best I have had

2  Thank David S
Reviewed 12 June 2015

The food was good, the service was average, and the prices were astronomical. Not my best experience in town.

1  Thank OSRSinginguy
Reviewed 9 June 2015

I had asked the staff at our hotel for restaurant recommendations.... they gave Fritz and Frites a huge thumbs up! This is a small restaurant but big on flavor and service. And, how refreshing to be in a restaurant where there is no TV to divert your attention from the food..... this is how a restaurant should be!
Very knowledgeable staff - from food recommendations to the wine.
I had the skirt steak with pommes frites - and while I was told the steak would be cooked to a medium rare temperature it actually was medium well.. BUT because the flavor of the steak was so wonderful and the meat was so tender I did not even mention it to our waitress. My husband had the salmon with the liggonberry sauce - very nice large piece of salmon and very tasty.
White cloth table with excellent service and excellent atmosphere.
(Next time we will try the German specialties!)

1  Thank imwmn913
Reviewed 5 June 2015

I highly recommend this cozy European style cozy restaurant. It is locate at the end of Main St. in one of my favorite towns. The service from Tim was great. we has a nice chat with him. very personable. I had the best sauerbraten I have ever had and at a very fair price. They have a great selection of beer. the menu is either east of west of the Rhine so 2 good options of types of food. Between the food and the service and the town I highly recommend this bistro.

1  Thank Robert009

Been to Fritz and Frites? Share your experiences!