“A Real Friendly Diner”

State Street Diner
Ranked #43 of 155 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

I wanted to take my elderly mother out for lunch. This place was perfect! It's small and there were customers coming and going but we were able to get a table. My mom had the grilled cheese with tomato and bacon. She really enjoyed it. I had the special of half sandwich and soup, chips and a drink for $8.99. The soup was chicken and noodle chowder. Homemade, seasoned with thyme, and so good! I also chose a BLT sandwich. I chose sourdough bread. The lettuce and tomato were fresh, the bacon crispy. The menu has many choices for breakfast or lunch. I saw omelettes, pancakes, nachos, hamburgers and everything looked so delicious. And to top all this off we're the three waitresses who were friendly and greeted strangers and regular customers alike. They were very attentive to everyone and never seemed to stop serving or smiling. They were like the icing on the cake. I'll be back even though it is almost an hour away.

1  Thank Lynda2nd

Reviewed 18 February 2017

This used to be Mel's Diner. My husband and I have always eaten breakfast there and have always left satisfied. It's delicious food and the staff are quite friendly. I also enjoy looking at the murals on the walls. . .

1  Thank tks617
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I've been here several times now and always leave pleased and well-fed. Rita takes care of us all! She makes the experience even better. I favor the Chorizo Scramble and it is always done right!

1  Thank gleit8150
Reviewed 26 October 2016

It's basic but don't let looks deceive you. It opens real early so it helps when you are hungry with stuff to do. Extensive menu with specials. Our server was real attentive and food arrived promptly and was delicious!

1  Thank MSM848
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This simple restaurant consistently produces breakfasts that are as good or better than any place in the area.