“Stop here! Incredible Eggs-Benedict dishes, Bloody Mary's and the areas best Coffee”
Review of Nosh

Nosh
Ranked #14 of 152 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 April 2016

We've been here three times over the last year, and time to chime in that the ratings are accurate. Go for a late breakfast on Sunday. Get the Bloody Mary's (among the best we've ever had) and follow up it with one of our favorites: Migas de puerco (A spanish breakfast casserole) The Brunch Burrito (My favorite) and one of the many Eggs-benedict type dishes. (they have many, but we've had the Hangover Benedict last time, and that may be my next visit's choice. Also worth mentioning-they serve Sparrow Coffee, which is a roaster in Chicago, and it is among the best around.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

We just got home from breakfast. Yesterday, my wife stumbled across Nosh mentioned in a friend's post on Facebook. She mentally marked it down, and filed away for a potential future visit. Last night, completely out of the blue, I found Nosh while looking for something to surprise her with this morning. When I went to show her the menu, she boggled at the coincidence, and we decided it must be fate.

When we arrived, around 10:15, it was bustling. There was a fifteen minute wait for a table, which was absolutely reasonable. We both noted how quickly tables were bussed once vacated, and that the food coming out looked very appealing.

We were seated and promptly attended to. We both had coffee, which was served quickly. My wife also ordered a mimosa, which appeared with haste. It was refreshing and delicious, although I could only have a single taste. She had no such compunction, and savored the entire glass.

For our meal, I ordered the El Greco omelette with the roasted potatoes and a side of bacon. The potatoes were lovely; seasoned correctly and cooked just right. They might have been Yukon Gold, as they were not remotely mealy, and not overly waxy. The omelette was filled with tangy chunks of feta, with tomato and spinach in appropriate ratios as to not make it a mess. It was balanced and delicious. The bacon was also well cooked and flavorful without being overly salty.

My wife had the Florentine Benedict, with crab meat. We just can't enthuse enough about how well cooked this was! The poached eggs were enormous, yet so well prepared as to look almost completely round; there were no rough edges, no tattered whites. They looked perfect. We expected a few lumps of crab on top of the spinach and mushrooms, but were thoroughly surprised to find it mixed into the spinach in a delicate emulsification. Thinking it would be lesser quality, we were both surprised to find out that it was vastly better than we thought.

As a dessert. we shared French toast. The light lemon flavor in the creamy sauce served over it was just perfect. We neither wanted nor needed any syrup; the flavor was perfect.

After all this, we walked out completely stuffed, and under $50.

We love breakfast. My wife has worked in breakfast restaurants most of her adult life. I eat breakfast like only a 300 pounder can; with great relish. When we travel, we gauge the trip by how well we eat.

This was right up there with Blue Heaven in Key West. I'm ashamed of myself for not finding Nosh earlier.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

We had visited here once before and had a great brunch. Came back again and ordered soup for lunch. Service was slow. The soup was luke warm, not very flavorful, and the "half baguette" was basically wonderbread. Will not eat here again.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Delicious food with favorites we go back to over and over again. Conveniently located downtown, always bustling.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

My son could eat here everyday, He loves the hot chocolate with whipped cram and grated chocolate, Swedish pancakes and the Loraine omelets too die for.

Been to Nosh? Share your experiences!