“Good American Food in Glenview, IL.”

Johnny's Kitchen & Tap
Ranked #13 of 173 Restaurants in Glenview
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Euclid Ave
Reviewed 20 January 2018

I have been there five times in last 1,5 years so I know this place. The service is excellent, the food is good, and the prices are not bad either. I have been eating there usually dinners but I went there also for lunch. This restaurant has two separate menus, one for lunch and second for dinner. Also, right upon the entrance to Johnny's you can find information that they serve real potatoes. You would think that that's the case in every restaurant but sadly - it's not... I know, that's how supposed to be but the reality is different. So, I give them a credit for real american potatoes :-)
What I don't like about this restaurant is the light. For me in evenings is a little bit too dark. I have no problems with my eyes and I do not wear glasses but I found very difficult to read menu when is dark outside. I guess that they would like to keep this nice atmosphere, but the customers have to be able to read menu as well. Beside that I have no major complains. In fact, Johnny's is quite popular place to eat. I know someone who have been going there for last 20 years and it is his favorite place to eat. Thanks to the owners for their professionalism. God bless!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This is a must stop for us when visiting extended family in the Chicagoland area! Always wonderful friendly service and delicious food! I highly recommend giving this gem a try!

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Husband and I stumbled upon this place during our weekend trip to Chicago. Enjoyed a wonderful dinner - I had the Reuben, he had the pulled chicken sandwich, can't go wrong with this menu. Moderate prices. When they found out it was our anniversary they comped a dessert for us, very sweet of them!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

WOW! What a classy place. The environment was great from the get go. Waitress was entertaining and clever. We would of expected this treatment back home in the sticks but were pleasantly surprised by the hospitality Chicago is truely lacking. The cost was a shock to the small wallet I have. Again back home the price could of easily been doubled.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Two friends and I have lunch almost every Saturday at various restaurants. Today we ate at Johnny's in Glenview. The staff is very pleasant and our waiter, Diego, always takes good care of us. Mary one of the owners came over to say hello as she does most every Saturday we are there. We usually sit a while before we order solving many of the world's problems. By now we know the menu by heart, but usually order the buttermilk crusted fried chicken and a bowl of the homemade soup. We have been eating at Johnny's for several years and have never had a bad meal. I have also been there for dinner and the food is just as good. Johnny's is a quiet place to have a leisurely meal