“Will always stay here!!”

Economy Inn & Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Harrisburg
Economy Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Have stayed here twice, after staying elsewhere twice, and I will always stay here now. My folks used to stay here years ago, when it was the Gray Plaza, and I think it is better now than before. I am coming back regularly to visit my StepMom in the nursing home, and feel very good about finding that this motel, which carries fond memories for me, has been updated and feels like "home". Now has Mackie's Pizza across the street, and a Farm Fresh Store.

Room Tip: Have stayed in the same room both times, so have no input about other rooms. I'd guess you'd...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank HbgNative

Reviewed 19 February 2012

I traveled to Harrisburg with my family to attend a funeral. The front desk staff was really friendly. As I enterd the room, my kids were thrilled to see the big-screen televisions. My husband and I were very much impressed with the entire building. The bathroom was very clean. Overall we had a great trip and we were very pleased.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Brenda75
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Clean, resonable rates, big rooms with fridge and microwave and friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ronjmb
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We were given 1 room here by friends for two nights. They waited until the last minute to book the room so this was the only place in town that had availability. The room was dated but seemed clean. Two problems: 1) There was a huge motorcycle event apparently in town. There were people partying until 3-4-5 am! Reving up motorcycles and playing loud music all night, all morning, all day..... They were not considerate of others at the motel trying to sleep! Check before you book if there's a motorcycle event in town! and 2) My husband and I both had small red bite marks on our feet and ankles... not saying for sure it was bedbugs, but I'm going to the doctor today and let him look at them and see what he thinks.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Prissy1206
Reviewed 17 May 2009

In December of 2008, my mother-in-law passed away in Hardin Co. The weather was horrible: ice storms, snow, heavy winds, sleet. We stayed at the Economy Inn. The owners were so nice. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and even though the wind was blowing so strongly that it was coming through the bottom of the door, it was still warm in the room.
We have always stayed at this hotel---even when it was the Gray Plaza Hotel years ago. It's an older hotel, but it's clean and the rates are the only reasonable rates in town: the newer hotels in town are priced outrageously high (my sister who lives in Harrisburg had checked the rates one time when her house flooded and she needed some rooms.)
I highly recommend this hotel if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg and you want a good, clean room.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
0.9 km away
0.8 km away
Super 8 Harrisburg
Super 8 Harrisburg
#3 of 3 in Harrisburg

Been to Economy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!