“Many choices”

Mary's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Herrin
Price range: US$7 - US$60
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of Southern Illnois' only fine dining restaurants, located in one of Herrin's historic 120 year old homes. Full bar and winelist available.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been here several times for businesses meetings. The food is good and as ordered. I recommend the salads and fish. My friends enjoyed the beef. Nothing is ever a concern for being bad.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

No menu. The waiter had it in his head and did good job with all of it. The men had steak and were very pleased. I had chicken Oscar and it was delicious. Never have had better. Excellent service throughout the evening. Personable waiter. The meal was top notch.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Mary's has become my favorite place for a great lunch, either alone or with friends. The food is always delicious and the servers are the best you'll find.

I've introduced several to Mary's, and all have loved the food. Crab cakes, teriyaki salmon, seafood pasta, apricot chicken, filet mignon, you name it, someone has ordered and savored every bite. The croissants are made in house and extraordinarily flaky, just perfect! Potato leek soup is always good and their limited time loaded potato soup was one of my faves. For dessert, we've tried flan, cheesecake and bread pudding. Can't go wrong with any of those, either.

One of the nicest and most unique attributes of Mary's is it not your typical loud dining spot. You can enjoy your meal and the company there. You don't have to shout to hear each other, nor will you feel rushed. I took a friend who was visiting from Germany and we enjoyed a leisurely 2 hour lunch and visited. She commented that's how it is in Europe and it's much more relaxing. I agree!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Excellent in so many ways! My kids took me here for my birthday dinner. The rooms/house beautifully decorated for the holidays. They didn't have the champagne bottle we wanted to order but we all found something else. No written menus, the wait staff tells you the selections for the evening. We ordered the duck and the quail appetizers, both delicious. (We thought those a little pricey but it was a nice plate of each) Then we had pumpkin or seafood chowder soups -- again all thought wonderfully tasty. I had the wild-caught salmon, perfectly prepared. Another had veal medallions, delicious. Also a swordfish and seafood pasta. We all thought our own dinners were the best. And then my kids paid. WOW! Great dinner, great kids!

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Any dinner I've ever had at Mary's has always been exceptional, but now Mary's has officially become "our place" as I asked my now fiance to marry me while at dinner there last night. On top of the already extraordinary food and service, Mary's staff made this even more memorable by going out of their way to give us a perfect table location, taking pictures of the whole thing, even giving us a framed collectible picture for us to keep for free (as well as hanging that same picture on their wall for others to see!) Totally unexpected! I'm so glad I chose to propose at Mary's because they made a perfect night even more perfect like only they could. Thank you, Mary's!

Been to Mary's Restaurant? Share your experiences!