“Good but better Polish up the street.”

Janosik Banquets & Restaurant
Reviewed 24 January 2016

Good value, good service, food left me wanting better.
My Highlander Pork , tough, sauerkraut was great, roasted potatoes also very good.
Wife's chicken also tough, unsure of which chicken exactly, but it was stuffed.
Peirogies filled with "meat" good, potato dumplings borring.
Great looking building.
I prefer Szarotka for Polish north of this restaurant, same street.

Reviewed 30 May 2015

We went to Janosik for dinner. We both like Polish food and the website pictures had the look of a European hunting lodge. The restaurant room is through the bar and is relatively small. Like the bar, there is plenty of wood. Much of the woodwork has been hand carved, which gives an old-world feel to the rooms. We started the meal with an appetizer of potato pancakes, which are a favorite of my wife’s. They were tasty and came with sour cream and apple sauce. We both had the pot roast for the main course, which was more like roast beef. My wife chose the horseradish sauce with potato dumplings and cucumber salad. She was quite pleased and enjoyed it thoroughly. I decided on the gravy with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. Everything was quite flavorful and all that I had hoped for. The portions were quite generous and more than my wife could finish. We shared a cheese blintz dessert, which was wonderful and without a doubt prepared to order. Overall, the meal was excellent and we will definitely be back. Add in the reasonable prices, and this is easily a highly recommended restaurant.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I went to this restaurant with a group of 11 people. There was a big parking lot with an enterance to the restaurant. We had to walk through another area to get to the room we were in. We were at a long table with seating on both sides. The wall side had a long bench type seating and the other side had wooden chairs that were narrow and close together. Two people in our party had walkers so it made it a little difficult for them with that seating arrangement. The menu was large and some of the Polish names were explained and our waiter answered all the questions. Soups were Polish style, mostly cabbage type but the soup of the day was chicken noodle. Soup was a la carte but dinners came with a small plate of shredded carrot salad, cukecumber salad and another type salad I'm drawing a total blank on. Most people tried someting different and were happy with their selections such as Polish Perogie or pork dishes. One person had the steak and thought it was good. Desserts were seperate and the cheescake served to me was very good. Prices for the dinners were reasonable. I think a wedding at this place would be a nice event.

1  Thank MeBlonde