“Good solid food & super size portions all at a great price!”

Janosik Banquets & Restaurant
Reviewed 30 September 2016

The staff at Resurrection Cemetery directed us here stating it was the best traditional Polish restaurant in the area, they were right! Took the waiter's recommendation & got the goulash w/potatoe pancakes, yum. I was skeptical about the soup of the day, pickle, but it was dekicious. A test of a good Polish restaurant is their pierogi & they passed with flying colors! Pierogi's are homemade topped with bacon & green onions. Lunch is a bargain at under $10. Looking forward to going back for dinner.

2  Thank Nancy D

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

We had a funeral luncheon there. We preordered and got the head count very close. So no excuses.

Biggest factor for rating was hugely understaffing of the waitstaff. Not enough servers and bar drink staff. After funeral we wanted a beverage. Staff did not come around to take drin orders. He would only take drink orders from one or two people at a table and ignore others. Then he would disappear for 10 minutes before coming back with a tray. Still missing people's orders. This continued for a while and people were getting frustrated. Can't understand why the drink order service was so bad.

Food service was very slow. We waited for ever for first course of soup to be served. By now people were hungry and thirsty and it took forever. When food started to come out it was almost one table at a time. One cart of soup bowls at a time. was painfully slow service. Once served each course the plate was cleared very quickly as it was easy to pick up plates and not keep running back and forth for food. Last tables were saying they waited to be served but then the staff was cleaning even before they could eat.

Food was good for banquet food. Salad was microscopic in size though. Very small portion. Bag of lettuce taste. Pork with mushrooms good. Beef was inconsistent as some reported good and others dry. Breaded chicken breasts were paper thin though and I don't recommend that. The big problem was that service was so slow that nothing was hot by the time it got to the table. It was warm. But not hot.

Dessert was chocolate cake. Service size was a tiny thin sliver. I can't believe they served such a thin sliver. Good taste by so thin it wasn't funny.

Interior is fine and decorated like Poland highlander building would be.

But the slow waitstaff and food service process really killed this experience for us. We waited too long for service to start. Too long for each course to be served. And consequently each table gets lukewarm food.

Ironically the drink service would have generated more revenue for the restaurant if they had been staffed properly or even came around to ask.

I would not recommend for banquet or funeral lunch as it is just an okay experiance and I think you can do better elsewhere with more capable staff and a better banquet handling process.

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

My friend and I dined here today. The specials of the day were less than $10 and most were $8. We ordered a potato pancake appetizer and received pancakes bigger than our plates. The mushroom soup was in a large cup and was tasty. Our lunch entrees were huge. For $23 (we had water), we had a huge lunch and leftovers to enjoy again. We peeked at the banquet hall, and it is very old world and charming. The only negative I have was the European techno music was a bit weird, too loud, and annoying.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Good value, good service, food left me wanting better.
My Highlander Pork , tough, sauerkraut was great, roasted potatoes also very good.
Wife's chicken also tough, unsure of which chicken exactly, but it was stuffed.
Peirogies filled with "meat" good, potato dumplings borring.
Great looking building.
I prefer Szarotka for Polish north of this restaurant, same street.

1  Thank John P
Reviewed 30 May 2015

We went to Janosik for dinner. We both like Polish food and the website pictures had the look of a European hunting lodge. The restaurant room is through the bar and is relatively small. Like the bar, there is plenty of wood. Much of the woodwork has been hand carved, which gives an old-world feel to the rooms. We started the meal with an appetizer of potato pancakes, which are a favorite of my wife’s. They were tasty and came with sour cream and apple sauce. We both had the pot roast for the main course, which was more like roast beef. My wife chose the horseradish sauce with potato dumplings and cucumber salad. She was quite pleased and enjoyed it thoroughly. I decided on the gravy with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. Everything was quite flavorful and all that I had hoped for. The portions were quite generous and more than my wife could finish. We shared a cheese blintz dessert, which was wonderful and without a doubt prepared to order. Overall, the meal was excellent and we will definitely be back. Add in the reasonable prices, and this is easily a highly recommended restaurant.