“Next to Woolies”

Hongfa Asian Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 110 Restaurants in Dee Why
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The location is very convenient. A few steps away from Woolworth supermarket on Oaks street. We passed it several times, but never had a closer look, since from outside the restaurant doesn’t show too much. One night, when the place where we headed wasn’t open, we thought, let’s try this Hongfa. When you step in, there is a very proper restaurant, with several tables and a very-very impressive menu.
They offer so many tempting dishes that it is hard to decide what to choose.When I had a glimpse on my favorite Sizzling Mongolian Lamb, the decision was made. My partner ordered a Filet Steak Szechuan style.
After the first bites, we decided, that maybe this was our first, but definitely not the last visit. Both of our dishes were excellent, the service fast and polite. Especially one of the waitresses was very friendly. She asked our names, and I had to write down the mine for her since it is unusual. That I didn’t tell her, that I’m going away for five months, so my next visit only possible five months later on. It will be a big challenge to her to remember me.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

My partner had noticed this fairly small restaurant close to Woolies on Oaks Ave. so we decided to give it a try. As you enter there is a cook who seems to look after takeaway orders as the main kitchen is out of sight in the back. Then there is a cashier and maybe ten tables with between 2 and 4 chairs. My guess is the ratio of takeaways to eat-in is roughly 50/50. I chose a Filet Steak Szechuan style as opposed to Chinese style or just Sizzling, all priced at 21.80. My partner had Mongolian lamb. Both came with vegetables and we shared a small bowl of white rice which really was unnecessary because their portions are generous, in fact neither of us could finish and we took the remainder home where they were still delicious the next day at lunch. So both dinners were excellent and we will go back.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

As usual when visiting the Northern Beaches at Sydney we had dinner with our friends at Hongfa's. The service and food quality
and quantity are excelent. The menue is most comprehensive
and prices are reasonable. We shall repeat our visit when next at the Northern Beaches.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Its all about the bbq meat here. The bbq pork, crispy pork and roast duck are all excellent. I often pop by for one of their lunch deals, my daughter loves it too. Had dinner home delivered a couple of times as well and the food has always been tasty, plentiful and good value. Less greasy than some other chinese deliveries I've had, and always enough leftovers for lunch the nest day. Recommended.

1  Thank JVFLondon
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Great duck pancakes. Fried rice packed with flavour. Yummy soups. Consistently good. No frills. No fuss Chinese.

1  Thank smilingtravelbug