“Best Asian food on Northern Beaches”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dee Why RSL - The Asian
Ranked #60 of 110 Restaurants in Dee Why
Reviewed 23 August 2015

I've lived on the Northern Beaches since 1976 and I think since the Long Reef closed in 2013 this is the best Asian restaurant both taste and value. I'm a member of this RSL so biased. There are 4 restaurants (1) the Bistro (traditional Australian); (2) The Asian; (3) the Aqua (lunch with water attraction) and (4) the Flame (dinner, upscale, excellent).

The Asian offers exactly that: Asian food. Over five years I've tried Laksa (chicken, seafood or combination), Nasi Goring, Singapore Noodles and Chow Mein. If you order Laksa the serving is BIG so don't order anything else unless you still have room. The Nasi Goring comes in small and large servings but once my partner ordered small and I the large and they gave us identical large servings. Usually there are 2 or 3 cooks going flat out so they probably don't care.

My favorite is Singapore Noodles. If you order Chow Mein beware the standard is just what the menu says, no meat. I don't know if you can add meat because the menu doesn't say. All these dishes are less than A$20 (below US$15) so excellent value.