“Solid Restaurant Execution”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Grille 43
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 43 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Bluff
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rockland Rd.
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Finally had dinner here after knowing about this place for several years now. The news of a new chef (and menu) last fall prompted us to finally go for it. The place has booths and tables, and a separate bar area with big screen TV’s. There are enough wall structures between the two areas, that you aren’t distracted by the TV’s when you are in the dining area. We had dinner on a Wednesday evening, and the place wasn’t too busy at 6:30. The service out of the kitchen was really fast, and the wait staff were all very good and attentive. The menu has something for everyone, and they also had an appetizer special and an entree special. We had the “drunken shrimp” appetizer, and it was delicious. We had the almond crusted whitefish, and (daily special) scallop “scampi” with pasta entrees, and they were both first rate. There is a good, varied beverage menu as well as a dessert selection. In summary, this is a solid restaurant. The atmosphere was comfortable and casual, and the food and service were both very good.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We went to Grille 43 on a Friday evening and did not have a reservation. We were however seated quickly and promptly gave our wine order...it took forever. We each had an appetizer, the scallops were tasty but my Tuna Carpaccio was not good at all. The Tuna was tasteless and there was nothing on the plate to give it any flavor. No sauce, no wasabi, nothing. Would never order this again. Then Dinner: I had the salmon...again tasteless, over cooked and over priced. My husband ordered the halibut which was the special and it too was flavorless. The owner or manager suggested salt! We probably won't return.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

This place is pricey for the area, but we return usually for the super delicious cucumber cocktail. Menu recently changed with some really nice additions. Had a delicious Thai salad with lots of different veggies and delicious marinated grilled chicken. Salad dressings are home made and delightful! Fresh baked French bread with chive butter made the meal. Main entree ‘s are too expensive for me (nothing under $25) , but burgers and sandwiches are ok. For a steak or chops, other places have much better prices for the same quality.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We found Grille 43 online when my wife noticed the Salmon listed for dinner. We checked them out over a long weekend and although a bit pricey for the area the food (two dinners w/ deserts = around $100) was totally worth it. My wife got the aforementioned Salmon dinner while I usually roll with the Chicken Parm dinner. They did change the way that they cooked the chicken and it was not quite as great as the previous way they coked it (it was the breading that changed) - but it was still tasty.

As I mentioned we dont go often, maybe 2-3 times per year but we have been satisfied each time we have ordered from here. Be mindful of the business hours as they don't open until 5pm.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was at dinner on a Monday night- the restaurant was not crowded and the server acted like he was doing us a favor.He did not tell us any of the specials or what menu items were not available. We asked about the happy hour and he really did not provide any details. I ordered a flat bread and it was dry, over baked with minimal ingredients- no way worth $15.00! It seems the chef did not care!

I will not be back!