“Better than two years ago”
Review of Authentico

Authentico
Reserve with OpenTable
Authentico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 64 Restaurants in Lake Forest
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Westmister
Description: The food represents the best of two worlds - Traditional Mexican food with a modern twist Complimentary tortilla chips and rustic salsas Thoughtfully chosen wine list Family-friendly environment A comfortable place to relax after a day of work, play or shopping
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Some of the best seafood enchiladas I've ever had. Decent Pinot Grigio at a good price. Excellent service. Timely and attentive.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Food is not your typical "Tex-Mex" but real authentic Mexican food as their name implies. Make reservations though otherwise you can almost never get seated without a long wait.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

This use to be my favorite Mexican restaurant. I had a reservation on Open Table for 4 at 715PM. We arrived 15 minutes early and requested to sit outside. The hostess said would add about 10 minutes to the reservations. We said fine as your two other quests had not arrived yet. AT 7:15 I alerted the hostess that all parties were there. She said no problem next table outside was ours that there we a bunch to open. 45-50 minute later still nothing when I noticed she was sitting a group of four at a great table outside with a fire pit. I went up to the hostess requested an explanation. She said there is nothing they could do the client that got seated at that table had a reservation and did not like their inside booth complained so they had to give them our table. I requested to talk to a manager who came over and I told her she needed to do something asap that I had brought our good friends to Lake Forest just to experience my favorite restaurant. She ended up giving us a table in front and telling us she was going to send a guacamole over for our troubles. Or problems did not end then. They only began. We ordered a second appetizer Queso Fundido. This did not show up for another hour after the waiter checked on "US" three times to see if had arrived. Never did he ask if we wanted another drink. When it did show up it was wrong. It was to have flour wraps not corn. Second, it should have had a least 4 wraps due to 4 being at the table and it showed up with three corn wraps. Then dinner arrived and I ordered Steak Ffajitas medium rare and well done veggies. Mine arrived well done steak and hard veggies. The Enchiladas de Barbacoa de res arrived medium to cold. At this point I did not even bother to complain. The other guests at the table ordered the same and they too were medium to cold in temperature. While this is all going on the waiter is at the curb on facebook on his cellphone. The tables around us were having the same problems sending their food back and complaining. It will be my last visit.

1  Thank SPYDER0999
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Not your run of mill chain restaurant. Tastes like home cooking. We keep going back. Mole is delicious. Reasonable priced and large venue so easy to get reservations. Also outside seating in nice weather.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Decided to go for dinner with friends and sat outside. It's not the same as it used to be in years past. Ordered a Skinny Margarita and it was skinny as it probably did not have any tequila in it! My friend ordered a straight vodka on rocks and sever came back with tequila and olives. The server said he would have to go all the way downstairs to get the vodka like it was out of his way. Service was inattentive and he was overwhelmed by the number of tables he was covering. Food was mediocre - nothing fabulous. This is very different from years past where service and cuisine were great. The outdoor seating was relaxing and fun but the Metra trains that passed by made sure to spew fumes in our direction - so be careful if you are sensitive. I know this place is very popular so maybe we went on an "off" day.

1  Thank michelletJ85JJ