“Delicious Polish Deli & Small Grocery Store”
Review of Ania's Polish Deli

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ania's Polish Deli
Ranked #19 of 87 Restaurants in Lake Zurich
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We happened to be stopping to get sauerkraut for dinner (a must with brats) and saw this little deli near the Walmart. We obviously had to stop since they were bound to have much better sauerkraut. We were right!

The first thing you notice when you walk in the door are the delicious smells! The girl at the deli obviously knew her stuff and gave my mom and I each portions of the sauerkraut to try (there was only one type) and told us about a few other dishes. We ended up getting potato and bacon stuffed sausage skins which were great! I also stopped by the sweets aisle to see what they had and found a plethora of Polish goodies. I ended up getting a fruit biscuit and a gingerbread/fruit biscuit. Biscuit=cookie I almost ate the entire first bag on my own it was so good!

I definitely recommend this store. Be warned that some employees have heavy accents, but I would expect nothing less from an authentic store. I'm lucky enough to have Polish friends and family so I knew some of the offerings, but I will have to go back to explore the things I didn't know about! The international aisle in the larger grocers is nothing compared to this little gem.

I would recommend this place to anyone who is interested in Polish cuisine or something different.

1  Thank biogirltraveling

Reviewed 2 December 2016

WOW OH WOW what a find! Authentic Polish Deli. Perogies and all. Bread fabulous. Too bad I was just visiting and flying home, would certainly have purchased many many items. Did buy the Perogies and they were certainly like Grandma's!!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

I always have good luck at Ania's. The mushroom soup and the Borscht is outstanding. The meats are always fresh and tasty. My husband loves the pork hocks and it saves me so much time and he loves it so it is a win win for me.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Fresh and tasty. Simple and good. Feels like I'm back in Warsaw. Taste like homemade. Great to pick up when you're on the go with your family instead of the premade frozen food from the supermarket.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Nice polish grocer with a variety of items. Decent prices too!

Make sure to get your orders in for sausage before the holidays to ensure they have enough for you. Variety of sausages to choose from, but we love the fresh. It's better than most Chicago delis for sure. Homemade frozen pierogis are delicious as well.

They have a ton of cooked items as well at the Deli that are delicious! Too bad they had to close the restaurant, but we are lucky to have their grocery store in Lake County! They also have a second (much smaller) location in Round Lake Beach. I hope they expand the RLB location one day!