“Go to Gurnee”

Tacos El Norte Libertyville
Ranked #78 of 98 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 June 2017

While it shares the same name this restaurant has become overpriced and frankly under delivers on the food quality. I believe they used to have the same owners but I can no longer give this location a positive review.

2  Thank PATRICK A

Reviewed 11 April 2017

The food is ample, with a diverse menu. Margaritas are ok, but I expected an excellent one, and was somewhat disappointed in the "off" taste. It was a Saturday night and they close at 10.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

This is the 3rd time we tried this place and it has been consistently BAD.
Service was horrible. I asked for salsa that was medium or mild 3 different times and it never arrived. We waited for over 45 minutes for our food and the restaurant was not at all busy. I had the steak Fajitas and they came cold and overdone. The taco flour wrap was about 4 inches in diameter so you could not wrap the ingredients. I asked for larger ones and they said these were normal size. I asked for the manager and she said that is normal size. I have ordered Fajitas in many places over the years and these were half size. The manager was not very courteous. We ordered a kids meal of a cheeseburger and fries and they brought beans. My with had the tilapia tacos and they too came cold and they were tiny.
We brought a birthday cake which they brought out and put on the table with plates but did not clear any of the dishes. I moved the dirty plates to the next table.

How this place stays in business, I will never know.

3  Thank allenw78
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Visited with friends. Staff was attentive and friendly. Authentic Mexican food. Would go here again.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

This is a place I have been going very often, I love the carne asada, the bistec ranchero. I ordered also chiles rellenos, but unfortunately the shrimp was not good. The nice waiter (Luis) offered kindly to change for a small additional fee. However, when I got the final bill the extra charge was excessive for the fix.
Given my good experience at Tacos Del Norte I assume this is a one off, as the food is generally good, the ambience great and service extraordinary. However, I would stay away from the shrimp for now.
I still highly recommend the place and am willing to give it another chance, and I hope the administration considers that a good customer may walk away for something like this.